How to Draw a Palm Tree Step by Step
This step-by-step tutorial with illustrated examples and drawing tips demonstrates how to draw a simple palm tree. You should use a pencil and light lines until the final steps of this tutorial because you will need to erase some small parts of the drawing before you finish.
Step 1 – Draw the Crown of Leaves
Step-by-step instructions for drawing palm tree leaves are as follows: first, draw the leaves that are facing forward; then, draw the next set of leaves behind them; and finally, draw the leaves (or leaves at the back) at the very back.
Step 2 – Draw the Trunk
Draw a curved trunk below the leaves that is wider at the bottom and narrower at the top, using only two pairs of curved lines or sections of straight lines.
Step 3 – Draw the Center Parts of the Leaves
To show the rachis (the middle part of the palm leaf), draw a line through the center of each leaf.
Step 4 – Draw the Stripes Along the Trunk
To give the palm tree its distinctive look, add some stripes along the trunk, spacing them farther apart at the bottom and closer together as you go higher up the trunk.
Step 5 – Finish the Line Drawing
Draw some little “cuts” along the sides of the leaves to make them look like they’re growing out of a palm tree, and erase the outlines around the parts where you drew the little “cut” areas in the original drawing.
Step 6 – Color the Palm Tree
Paints, colored pencils, and markers can all be used for this.
Palm trees have a distinct shape that distinguishes them from other trees and makes them easier to draw than other types of trees.
How do you draw palms step by step?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Hand
- Step 1 u2013 Hand Proportions Sketch. Hand shape sketch
- Step 2 u2013 Hand Outline Drawing. Hand outline drawing
- Step 3 u2013 Basic Shading. Hand drawing basic shading.
- Step 4 u2013 Finished Drawing. Hand open palm drawing.
How do I get perfect hands?
Top tips from a hand model on how to get the perfect hands
- Never cut your cuticles.
- Moisturize at the right times.
- Think about what you put IN your body, too.
- Take care of your hang nails.
- Never wash your hands without gloves.
- Be careful when cooking.
- Avoid anything that can harm your nails.
What color is the trunk of a palm tree?
Tall varieties can reach a height of 20 to 30 m, while dwarf varieties are much shorter in stature. Trunk is light greyish brown in color, smooth, and marked with rings of leaf scars.
How do I draw a wave?
How to Draw a Wave in 5 Easy Steps
- Draw the crest. The crest is the first step in drawing a wave.
- Draw the barrel. Add u201cCu201d shaped curved lines on the higher part of the sloped line.
- Add the whitewater.
- Draw the wave.