How to Draw an Elf
This elf drawing tutorial is also good for symmetry drawing practice, as everything on one side must be drawn in mirror fashion on the other. This tutorial has been updated to show how the elf looks when drawn and colored with markers, as many cartoon animators do.
We may receive a small commission if you purchase products through our links from time to time – at no additional cost to you.
How to draw an elf: Trace, color, and add shadows to the U-shaped head, two pointy ears, and a hat with a bell. Add eyes, nose, mouth, and hair.
More Christmas Drawing Projects
How to Draw the Grinch, as well as Santa Claus and other well-known Christmas characters.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.