How to Draw a Tree
This tutorial is designed to show students the structure of a tree and how the branches are random. However, most students, if given the opportunity to draw a tree the way they are used to, will simply draw the trunk and cap it with a cloud shape.
Getting Started with Drawing Guides
Showing students how to use guides as a reference is the best way to get them started with any drawing lesson. Simply fold the sheet of paper in half both ways, make a crease, and unfold; the creases will disappear by the time the drawing is finished and colored in.
New! Coloring Page Gallery
With the red button below, you can now easily download this drawing as a coloring page by opening it as a PDF file, which you can then save to your desktop. It’s never been easier to see and download so many of my coloring pages in one place.
Materials for How to Draw a Tree
Prang Crayons are softer than other crayons, so they sometimes look like oil pastels, and Crayola has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that are a bit richer and warmer.
Directions for How to Draw a Step by Step
Draw one side of the tree and then add the other side. Make the branches into a Y shape. Add random shorter branches, leaf details, a ground line, and clouds. Trace the drawing with a marker and color it.
More Tree Drawing Projects
1. Hand Tree Tree of Life Circle – How to Draw a Tree – How to Draw an Easy Landscape –
How do you draw a simple tree step-by-step?
- Draw one side of the tree.
- Add the other side.
- Turn it into a Y shape.
- Draw two larger branches below.
- Draw two more branches below.
- Add random shorter branches.
- Draw a bumpy tree line around it.
How do you draw a small simple tree?
How to Draw a Simple Tree is a step-by-step tutorial that will teach you how to draw a tree.
- Start by drawing a base for your tree, or the ground on which it will stand.
- Step 2: Draw a Trunk.
- Step 3: Draw the Leaves.
- Step 4: Add Details.
- Step 5: Outline Your Drawing.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.
What is the most beautiful tree?
Here are some of the world’s most beautiful trees.
- General Sherman Sequoia tree.
- Angel Oak tree.
- The Trees of Dead Vlei.
- Dragon blood tree.
- Pando Tree.
- Baobab trees in Madagascar.
- Japanese Maple in Portland, Oregon.
How do you make a tree craft?
Place the paper tube (your tree trunk) on the bottom of your largest tree top shape, overlapping it by three inches or so, and trace the tube’s sides onto the tree top shape. Cut out all three tree top shapes, and cut along the two lines drawn on the largest tree top shape.
How do you make an acrylic tree?
Learn the fundamentals of painting trees with acrylics.
- Step 1: Gather your supplies, including your canvas and paints and brushes.
- Step 2: Create a tree structure.
- Step 3: Add shadows.