How to Draw an Owl: Learn to Draw a Cute Colorful Owl in this Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Lesson — Art is Fun
Owls are fun to draw because of their wide eyes and fabulous feathers, so learn how to draw an owl that is cute, colorful, and full of personality. Draw Groovy is available on Amazon, Book Depository, and Barnes & Noble.
Let’s start with a simple owl outline and fill it in with different shapes, patterns, and colors. The owls below were made with a variety of media, including markers, colored pencils, pens, crayons, and oil pastels. Please don’t copy my owls exactly and try to sell them as your own. Copying for educational purposes is fine as long as I am credited as the original artist.
How do you draw a simple owl?
How to Make an Owl Drawing
- Draw a gently curving line from left to right across the top of your paper.
- Draw two large circles in the center of the curved line for the owl’s eyes.
- Draw a gently curving line for the body, kind of like a U-shape that tapers at the top.
- Draw a pair of feet and two curved lines for wings.
What do owls get eaten by?
Hawks, eagles, and even other owls have been known to prey on owls, but this is usually the result of a territorial dispute with other birds of prey such as hawks, ravens, or even other owls, which can result in injury or death.
How do you make an owl face?
- Draw the nose.
- Add the symmetrical brow shapes.
- Connect the top and draw two cheeks.
- Add smaller curves inside.
- Draw smaller circles inside.
- Add two smaller circles with spots inside.