Learn How to Draw Amazing Optical Illusions
We’re going to make optical illusion drawings, which are works of visual art that trick our eyes into seeing something that isn’t there. Drawing these illusions isn’t as difficult as it may appear, so let’s get started.
Draw an even number of lines extending outward from the dot to the edges of your paper, making sure there are no large gaps between them to enhance the illusion’s effect.
Draw a spider’s web on a piece of paper by drawing a curved line between each column and repeating until you reach the edge of the paper. Then, in the next column, draw a similar line in the opposite direction.
Fill in every other block in a row or column with one color; there should not be any two blocks with the same color directly to the left/right or directly above/below each other. It doesn’t matter what you use; markers seem to have a bolder touch than paints.
Step 5 (Optional)
Because I was using paint to color in the blocks, I decided to save this step for last so that my outline wouldn’t get painted over. The bold lines go a long way in making this illusion POP!
You’ve completed an optical illusion drawing! If it doesn’t look quite right, experiment with different tools to alter the appearance of your illusion. There are many interesting optical illusions online that you can use to create your own wild illusions.
How do you make paper illusions?
One vertical line to the middle of one side, and two vertical lines about 1/3 in on the other side; cut these vertical lines all the way up to the center line. Now, holding one side down, carefully flip over half of the paper.
What is the purpose of optical illusions?
Optical illusions teach us how our eyes and brain work together to see in a three-dimensional world. You live in a three-dimensional world, so your brain receives clues about depth, shading, lighting, and position to help you interpret what you see.
What is the art of creating an optical illusion of moving pictures?
Optical art (also known as Op art) is when artists use simple black and white patterns to create vivid illusions of motion, also known as optical flow.
How do you make art look like it’s moving?
Here are four methods for creating movement in a painting:
- Using bold and directional brushwork to create movement in your painting is one of the most effective techniques for doing so.
- Contrasting smooth and impasto texture.
- Using rhythmic, or repeating elements.
- Contrasting warm and cool color temperature.
How do you do cool paper tricks?
Six Magical-Looking Paper Tricks!
- Make a Mobius Strip.
- From a Double Twist to a Double Ring.
- From a Triple Twist to a Triple Loop.
- Make an Interlocked Small and Large Paper Loop.
- Turn Two Paper Rings Into a Square.
How do you draw a 3 D building?
- Draw a ground line.
- Add touching rectangles above.
- Draw 45 degree angle lines at corners shown.
- Connect ends with straight lines.
- Begin adding doors and windows.
- Continue adding doors and windows.
How draw 3D pictures step by step?
Please share this article.
- Begin by sketching a rectangle.
- Continue this process to the far right side of the rectangle.
- With a darker pencil or pen, trace around the image and erase all unwanted pencil marks.
- Lightly sketch in a second set of steps on the left side.
How do you make something look 3D when drawing?
- Use contour lines for irregular objects like circles, blobs, and so on.
- Always sketch in 3D.
- To draw a 3D object with vertices, draw one shape, duplicate it, connect the vertices, and then shade it.