How to Draw a Black Bear
Learn how to draw a Black Bear in 8 simple steps – perfect for kids and beginners. Click on the individual steps below for a High Resolution printable PDF version of the tutorial, and read some interesting facts about the Black Bear at the bottom of the page.
How to Draw a Black Bear – Step-by-Step Tutorial
Draw a black bear! Did you know that black bears can climb trees with their claws and are excellent swimmers? Black bears live in the United States’ forests, swamps, and wetlands, as well as Mexico and Canada.
How do you draw a bear?
1. How to Begin a Bear Drawing
- Draw an oval.
- Divide the height of the oval into halves.
- Draw a “perspective cross” under the oval, slightly shorter than half of the oval’s height.
- Sketch the rhythm of the legs, placing the “paws” on the perspective cross.
What animal eats a bear?
Most other animals have more to fear than bears, but tigers, other bears, wolves, and especially humans have been known to attack and kill bears, as have scavengers in large groups. Bears, as apex predators and carnivores, have virtually no natural predators.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.
How do you draw a bear head for kids?
- Draw an upside down U.
- add a circle nose.
- draw an upside down heart.
- add two circles on the sides for eyes.
- draw two ears.
- add a large U for the mouth.
- add an inside lip line.
- add teeth and grass in the background.