How to Draw the Grinch
The Grinch is a hairy, pot-bellied, pear-shaped, snub-nosed creature with a cat-like face and a cynical personality who appears in Dr. Seuss’ classic children’s book How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
Draw the outline of the Grinch’s face as shown. Trace and color the fluffy brim of his hat. Add fur to his cheeks and make him look like he has a beard. Start the neck and finish the collar.
More Christmas Drawing Projects
Draw a Christmas Tree and Santa’s Face, as well as Santa, a Cute Winter Penguin, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
What Color Is Grinch?
Mix brilliant yellow green with deep green permanent on your palette, then use the 12 bright to paint the Grinch’s face. Your 12 bright should be double loaded in both the light and dark green, and the colors will blend on the canvas to make a varied green when you paint the Grinch’s face.
How do you paint the Grinch on wood?
- Remove the twine from the wood slice.
- Paint the wood slice green. (
- Allow paint to dry completely.
- Using a pencil, trace the Grinch’s face onto the ornament.
- Fill in the eyes with a yellow paint pen.
- Paint the facial features with a black paint pen.
How do you paint ornaments on canvas?
Directions for a Step-by-Step Process:
- Paint the background gray.
- Paint circles in the background (aka “Bokeh” lights).
- Then I traced that circle with chalk!
- Paint the circle “cadmium red medium”.
- Paint the top of the ornament.
- Paint the pine needles.
What colors make Grinch green?
If you want a bright yellow-y green for St. Patrick’s Day or Christmas Grinch Green, we have just the right blend of Yellow and Blue food coloring for you. You’ll need your yellow and blue bottles of Wilton Color Right Food Coloring.
What colors do I mix to make Grinch green?
With 4 drops of Yellow and 1 very small drop of Blue, you can make a great Grinch Green with Wilton Color Right Food Coloring.
What color acrylic paint is the Grinch?
Angelus Grinch Green Paint | Acrylic Leather Paints | Angelus Grinch Green Paint
How do you paint the Grinch face?
Face Paint for the Grinch
- Step 1: Begin with a base color. I used Mehron Paradise Lime face paint all over the face.
- Step 2: Add Wrinkle Lines.
- Step 3: Add Hair.
- Step 4: Continue With Features.
- Step 5: Finish Off.
- Step 6: Finish Touches.
- Step 7: You’re a Mean One, Mr.
How do you paint Christmas scenes in glass ornaments?
Steps to take:
- Place the ornament on top of the mug or glass.
- Place various paint colors on an artist’s palette or plastic plate for easy access.
- Dip the tip of your paintbrush into one desired color and begin painting the design onto the ornament.