How to Draw Anime Girl Body Step by Step Tutorial
How to Draw an Anime School Girl in 6 Steps. Step-by-step illustrations and instructions on how to draw a female character in the anime and manga style. How to draw an anime girl from the front and side views.
Step 1 – Draw the Overall Shape of the Female Body
Rules to follow when drawing an anime character: Everything must be the correct size or your character will appear odd; certain styles may intentionally exaggerate certain proportions (such as the large anime eyes), but there are still rules to follow that you can practice on at home.
Drawing the Head
See http://www.brainchild.com/artwork/anime-heads-and-faces/ for more information on drawing anime heads and faces.
Drawing the Body
When drawing the front view, the body should have the shape of an hourglass; if we were doing a more realistic style, the body would be about the width of two heads side by side; however, since we are drawing anime, the head should be slightly larger than that, so the body will be smaller.
Drawing the Arms
Start at the shoulders and work your way down, using circles to indicate the position of the joints. For more information on proportions and how to draw the arms, see How to Draw Anime.
Drawing the Legs
The legs should be about half the length of the entire body, and the feet should be as long as the distance between the wrists and the elbow. You’ll notice that the feet in the front view go slightly past the bottom vertical alignment line, which is because the person’s feet would reach closer to the viewer if she rotated on the spot.
Step 2 – Clean Up Your Drawing
After you’ve established the basic shape of the body, clean up your drawing and add in some minor details like the neck collar bones and a hint of the knees in the front view.
Step 3 – Draw the Details
We will not go into detail on how to draw those in this tutorial because they have already been covered in other tutorials; however, you can find more information on how to draw anime girls using a variety of media, including computer graphics and 3D modeling software, in the following links.
Step 4 – Draw the Clothes
We’ll draw a shirt, shorts, and socks for the clothes; if you want to draw shoes, see How to Draw Anime Shoes Step-by-Step.
Step 5 – Add Color & Shading
We’ll draw our character in fairly normal lighting conditions in this tutorial; for a more detailed tutorial on coloring an anime character, see How to Color an Anime Character Step by Step, and for shading tips, see How to Shade an Anime Face in Different Lighting.
When drawing an anime character, you must ensure that you have good proportions while still maintaining the style; most anime style bodies are still somewhat similar to real bodies, so if you need some reference material, you can look at photos of real people.
How do you draw anime for beginners?
How to Draw Anime in 5 Easy Steps
- Create the basic structure of the character’s face first.
- Step 2: Add Facial Features.
- Step 3: Draw the Hair.
- Step 4: Add the Body.
- Step 5: Add Details and Ink the Drawing.
Which is the easiest anime character to draw?
- Pokemon. Assassination Classroom.
- Character rankings.
- One Punch Man. pokemon. Assassination Classroom.
- One Punch Man. pokemon.
Is Drawing Anime easy?
But is Anime easy to draw? The short answer is no, it isn’t easy to draw! You’ll need to know basic anatomy, be able to render properly, and understand perspective as well as how light and shadow work. Because anime is an abstraction of reality, it can be even more difficult to draw than a realistic image.
How can I draw better anime?
The Top 10 Ways To Improve Your Anime Drawing Skills
- Don’t trace or copy other artworks.
- Mix elements from various reference images.
- Accept and be open to criticism.
- Don’t take feedback from family and friends too seriously.
- Challenge yourself.
How can I learn to draw humans?
The best way to learn to draw the human figure is to start as simple as possible. Forget about tracing contours, shadows, and values, and instead focus on drawing armatures.
- Draw the head.
- Add the neck.
- Draw the torso.
- Add the hips.
- Draw the legs.
- Draw the shoulders and arms.
Who is the coolest anime character?
The Top 10 Coolest Anime Characters of All Time
- Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
- Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
- Levi (Attack on Titan)
- Saitama (One Punch Man)
- Portagas D Ace (One Piece)
- Meliodas (The Seven Deadly Sins)
- Shoto Todoroki (My Hero Academia)
- Killua Zaoldyeck (Hunter X Hunter)
- Meliodas (The Seven Deadly Sins
Who is the easiest anime character to cosplay?
Simple Anime Cosplay Ideas for the Cash-Strapped (and Lazy)
- L Lawliet. From Death Note.
- Ash Ketchum (aka Satoshi) From Pokemon.
- Yato. From Noragami.
- Tsukimi Kurashita. From Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish)
- Kaonashi (No Face) From Sen to Chihiro no Kamakushi (Spirited Away)
How do you draw characters?
Consider the following tips, exercises, and techniques as you learn how to draw a polished character.
- Use references.
- Be loose.
- Use simple shapes.
- Apply S-curves and C-curves.
- Don’t be afraid to exaggerate.
- Check anatomy with a skeleton sketch.
- Pay attention to the eyes.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.