How to Draw a Rose with Stem
You will not need any special tools to create this drawing, so sketch lightly at first. You will be erasing some of your lines as you go along, so sketch lightly at first. Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Rose with a Stem
Next, draw the outline of your first leaf, then use arcs to create three jagged points above and four points below the second leaf’s vein, and the same below the vein of the third leaf’s vein. Create a five-pointed, irregular star shape at the top of the stem using a Stem drawing. Detail your leaves with veins radiating from the central veins.
How do you draw a rose stem step by step?
We’ll start with the rose’s bulb and work our way up to the stem and leaves.
- Draw two curving lines away from each other.
- Draw waving lines curving around what you just drew.
- Draw the underside of the rose.
- Draw the edge of some of the inner petals.
How do you draw a basic Rose?
- Draw the large right petal.
- Add the left petal behind the right.
- Draw the tops of two more petals.
- Draw the stem below the petals.
- Start the left leaves with the stem.
- Draw the leaves at each end.