How to Draw Anime or Manga Faces
Draw a circle on a piece of paper with a vertical line running through the middle and a nose line about a third of the way up from the bottom. If you have trouble drawing a circle without help, use a compass or trace something circular. Draw a light, straight line along the bottom of the circle so it extends past the circle’s widest point.
Make straight lines extending from the jaw on each side of the face to form the neck. Younger manga or anime characters will have a narrow neck because they aren’t as muscular or defined. If you’re drawing a male character, draw an arched line under the guide line that stops near the side of the head.
Hairstyles for anime and manga characters come in a variety of styles, so pick one that best suits your character.
Practice sketching different hairstyles so you can easily change it if you don’t like it. Add small details like freckles or wrinkles to give your character a unique look. Have a skin palette or set of colors on hand to color in the face. Eyes are extremely dependant on the style, but a reference or color palette may help.
How do you draw a simple anime?
How to Draw Anime in 5 Easy Steps
- Create the basic structure of the character’s face first.
- Step 2: Add Facial Features.
- Step 3: Draw the Hair.
- Step 4: Add the Body.
- Step 5: Add Details and Ink the Drawing.
How can I draw better anime?
The Top 10 Ways To Improve Your Anime Drawing Skills
- Don’t trace or copy other artworks.
- Mix elements from various reference images.
- Accept and be open to criticism.
- Don’t take feedback from family and friends too seriously.
- Challenge yourself.
How can I draw better faces?
What is the best way to draw a face?
- Start with two circles to form the base of the head.
- Add construction lines to position the features.
- Experiment with different proportions.
- Line up the features.
- Start with the eyes.
- Add in the nose.
- Try different lip shapes.
- Think about the differences between male and female faces.
How do I learn to draw portraits?
Here are some portrait drawing tips:
- Start with the eyes and work your way down to the nose and mouth.
- Allow the darkness of the hair to aid in the creation of the lighter edge of the face.
What is the best anime drawing app?
10 Free Android Anime Drawing Apps
- JUMP PAINT.
- How to Draw Anime.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- CLIP STUDIO PAINT for manga.
- MediBang Paint.
- Best Manga Drawing.
- Draw Anime: Manga Tutorials.
- Draw Anime: Manga Tutorials.
Why do I suck at drawing?
You Care What Others Think When we look at other people’s drawings, we often wish we had their talent or ability to draw. Too many people say they’re bad at drawing, and hearing that so often tricks our minds into believing we’re bad, too.
Why is drawing anime hair so hard?
Hair is a difficult subject to draw because it resembles a substance that can take many shapes and forms; as a result, manga artists have developed a special method of simplifying hair, which allows it to be drawn quickly while concealing the lack of detail with exaggerated shading.
Is Drawing Anime easy?
But is Anime easy to draw? The short answer is no, it isn’t easy to draw! You’ll need to know basic anatomy, be able to render properly, and understand perspective as well as how light and shadow work. Because anime is an abstraction of reality, it can be even more difficult to draw than a realistic image.