How to Draw a Tree Branch With Leaves
This step-by-step tutorial shows you how to draw a tree branch with leaves, with illustrations and step-by-step instructions.
Step 2 – Draw the Petioles
The petioles (parts that attach the leafs to the branch) can then be added or projected onto the branch; their shapes are fairly basic and tend to be thicker towards the branch and thinner towards the leaves.
Step 3 – Draw the Leaves
Draw the outline shape of the leaves on a branch. The leaves in this example have a “heart-like” shape. Try to make the leaves slightly different from one another, varying in size, shape, and direction. Generally, leaves will “fan out” from the branch.
Step 4 – Finished Branch With Leafs Drawing
You can now add the midribs of the leaves and some smaller details of the bumps on the branch to the completed outline drawing of the branch and leaves.
Anyone interested in taking up the hobby should start with a simple line drawing of a branch with leaves.
How do you draw a tree branch with leaves?
Drawing a Tree Branch: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Draw a wavy, curved line to start the outline of the tree branch.
- Angle the wavy line downward and draw another wavy line beneath it.
- Continue the lower wavy line roughly parallel to the top line.
- Erase a portion of the tree branch’s bottom.
How do you draw a simple tree branch?
- Draw one side of the tree.
- Add the other side.
- Turn it into a Y shape.
- Draw two larger branches below.
- Draw two more branches below.
- Add random shorter branches.
- Draw a bumpy tree line around it.
What are leaves called?
A leaf (plural leaves) is the main lateral appendage of a vascular plant stem, usually borne above ground and specialized for photosynthesis. The leaves, stem, flower, and fruit form the shoot system, which includes the leaves, stem, flower, and fruit.