How to Draw a Mandala: Learn How to Draw Mandalas for Spiritual Enrichment and Creative Enjoyment — Art is Fun
Mandalas are complex abstract designs that are usually circular in shape and have a single identifiable center point from which a variety of symbols, shapes, and forms emanate. Mandalas, in essence, represent the connection between our inner worlds and outer reality.
Create your own mandala
Mandalas are wonderful tools for meditation and self-awareness, and all you need is paper, a pencil, a ruler, and an eraser to create one. Mandalas can represent anything from your current mood to your deepest desire.
If you don’t have a compass, don’t worry; drawing circles is simple if you follow these steps. Measure out 1/2 (or more or less, depending on your preference) from the center dot. Next, connect the dots you just made with your ruler.
How do you make simple mandalas?
What Is a Mandala and How Do I Make One?
- Learn how to draw a mandala by first measuring out your paper into a square shape.
- Next, draw a series of circles around this dot.
- Lastly, measure out another distance from the center dot.
How do you make a mandala with a compass?
Set the compass to create a smaller circle, and repeat as many times as you like to create a series of rings behind the petal shapes.
How do you make a mandala with a protractor?
Draw the help lines first, then divide sections of the mandala into equal pieces with your protractor and line them up with your ruler and pencil. Place your geometric compass in the center and draw circles of various sizes. Finally, draw the pattern’s base lines with your pencil.
How do you make a mandala grid?
Using Grids to Draw a Mandala
- Draw a circle with your compass.
- Step 2: Locate Your Center.
- Step 3: Determine How Many Sections.
- Step 4: Draw the Guidelines.
- Step 5: Draw Several Circles.
- Step 6: Start Your Design.
- Step 7: Build Your Design Outward.
- Step 8: Vary the Shapes.
What are three types of mandalas?
The three main types of mandalas and how they are used are listed below.
- Healing Mandala.
- Sand Mandala.
- Teaching Mandala.
- Teaching Mandalas are symbolic, and each shape, line, and color represents a different aspect of a philosophical or religious system.
What is a mandala pattern?
Mandala is a geometric design or pattern that traditionally represents the cosmos or deities in various heavenly worlds. u201cIt’s all about finding peace in the symmetry of the design and of the universe,u201d says artist Saudamini Madra.
Which compass is best for Mandala?
The Staedtler Noris Club 550 02 School Compass has adjustable legs, an extension arm, and a pen adaptor, and it’s a smaller compass that’s still big enough for most people’s needs and all of my classes.
What can I draw with a compass?
A compass, or a pair of compasses, is a technical drawing instrument that can be used for inscribing circles or arcs, as well as dividers for stepping out distances, especially on maps. Compasses can be used for mathematics, drafting, navigation, and other purposes.
What do you need to draw a mandala?
What You’ll Require
- Fineliner/thin marker/pigment ink pen (any color you like)
- (optionally) thicker marker
- sheet of paper (even copy paper will do)
- Drawing compass.