How to Draw A Sunset – A Step by Step Guide
Sunsets have been captured in many artworks over the years due to the special magic in the air around sunset; if you’d like to capture this beautiful sight in a drawing yourself, keep reading!
To begin learning how to draw a sunset, simply draw a large rectangle, a horizontal line, and a circle. A drawing compass can be very useful for this part, so if you have one, it is recommended that you use it.
Step 2 – Erase some of your planning drawings
We’ll erase the part of the circle below the line that you drew, as well as a small section of the area above the line to make room for the mountains later in the picture. You could also use a pen to go over the horizontal line at this point.
Step 3 – Next, draw in some mountains for the background
Fill in the gaps between the circle and the horizontal line of the sea with mountain shapes as part of our How To Draw A Sunset series for Beginners on how-to-draw-sunsets.
Step 4 – Add in a pretty palm tree
Simply adding a palm tree to one of the mountains in the background can make a huge difference in the atmosphere of the drawing. It will appear as more of a silhouette shape than anything else, but such a simple addition can make a huge difference.
Step 5 – Next, let’s add some final details
Use some small curved lines to add some flying birds to the sky, then add some thin lines beneath the sun in such a way that they form a rough triangular arrangement, as shown in the reference image.
Step 6 – Finish off your drawing with some color
Sunsets are known for their beauty, which comes from the amazing colors on display. In our reference image, you can see a wide range of colors, from yellows and oranges to brown and even a bit of blue for the ocean. This would be an amazing image to experiment with some amazing art mediums and tools on!
Your Sunset Drawing is Complete
Now that you’ve completed our fun drawing guide on how to draw a sunset, you have a lot of options for personalizing it. Try out different variations of drawings with and without outlines, as well as different colors and art mediums.
How do you draw a sunset realistic step by step?
Drawing a Sunset: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Draw the horizon line first, then the mountainous islands on one side of the picture.
- Draw another island on the opposite side, this time using a curved, bumpy line.
- Draw the sun.
How do you draw a sunset with colored pencils?
Let’s get this party started.
- Step 1: Layer colors on the paper from light to dark.
- Step 2: Activate watercolor pencils with water.
- Step 3: Continue to layer and blend with water until you achieve the desired color saturation.
- Step 4: Draw the basic branch shapes.
How do you draw a sun set for kids?
- Draw a line for the first hill.
- Draw a line for the second hill.
- Start the road in the foreground.
- Add the next two sections of the road.
- Draw bushy trees on each hill.
- Finish with clouds.
How do you color a sunset?
- Dip a small flat brush in black paint and paint small dabs of yellow, orange, and white paint all over the canvas.
- Dampen the brush by dipping it in water and drying off the excess water with a rag or paper towel.
- Make the center darker by adding dabs of red paint.
How do you draw a easy sun?
Drawing the Sun: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Begin by drawing a circle.
- Draw a series of tall, narrow triangles across the top of the circle.
- Continue drawing tall, narrow triangles around the circle’s perimeter.
- Sketch smaller, shorter triangles between the triangles already drawn.
How do you blend crayons?
Using a circular motion, go over your crayon colors you want to blend until you get the desired effect. Saturate your cotton swab with rubbing alcohol and dab it on a cloth or paper towel so it is not dripping wet.
How do you color sunrise?
If you want to paint a sunrise, include yellow, as well as bright orange, pink, and blue in your palette; you can also create interesting contrasts by painting the sky dark blue and the horizon yellow; and if you want to paint a sunset, include warm and dark saturated colors like red, orange, magenta, and purple in your palette.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.
How can we make purple Colour?
Purple is created by combining blue and red; however, you can add other colors to create different shades of purple. For example, adding white, yellow, or gray to your blue and red mixture will result in a lighter purple.
What sunsets symbolize?
Sunset symbolism, like sunrise symbolism, denotes the end of a cycle and a new beginning, and it’s frequently seen in conjunction with sunrise symbolism because they form a cycle.