How to Draw Anime Muscular Male Body Step by Step
Step-by-step drawing tutorial for an anime muscular male body, with a focus on the upper body (excluding the arms). If drawing on paper, make light lines up until the final step of the tutorial, as this will make it easier to erase any potential mistakes.
Step 1 – Draw the Outline of the Body
Anime muscular male body drawing instructions: Draw the body outline as follows: Generally, very muscular bodies will be wider at the top and narrower at the bottom, and almost everything will be drawn with a curve because the muscles are basically “popping out” from the body.
Step 3 – Draw the Chest Muscles
Make the overall shapes of the chest muscles slightly narrower towards the center of the body and wider towards the outsides, starting just below the collar bones and going well past the shoulders, with four sets of curves on each side.
Step 4 – Draw the Outline of the Abs
Outline the combined shape of the abs first; in this case, the character will have an “eight pack,” so make the set of muscles just below the chest significantly wider, transitioning into the next set of narrower abdominal muscles.
Step 5 – Draw the Individual Abs
Anime muscular male abs can be drawn in a variety of ways depending on the artist’s preference; the abs can curve up or down; just don’t draw them straight or your character will not look natural; don’t make them straight either.
Step 6 – Draw the Shoulder Muscles
Draw the shoulder muscles “cutting” into the arm, then splitting into arm muscles like the biceps, triceps, and forearms.
Step 7 – Draw the Neck Muscles
Draw a hint of some of the neck muscles, in this case the “sternocleidomastoid muscles,” which run from the inner ends of the collar bones to the ears. For a more detailed explanation, see: How to Draw Anime Neck.
Step 8 – Draw the Side Muscles
Draw the muscle groups from the front and sides of the body, which will essentially be two sets that “weave” together; for an anime/manga style, just give a hint of each of these with one curve or line drawing.
Step 9 – Add the Small Details & Finish the Body Drawing
You can add all the details and curves of the different muscle groups to this anime muscular male body drawing tutorial, and you can also erase the center line and go over your drawing with a darker stroke after you’ve finished.
If you want to draw muscular characters, you should have a basic understanding of the size and placement of the various muscle groups.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
How do you draw a man?
Let’s get started learning how to draw a man!
- Draw an oval shape on the upper portion of your paper to create an outline of the man’s head.
- Step 2 u2014 Outline the Head and Torso.
- Step 3 u2014 Draw Both Arms Attached to the Body.
- Step 4 u2014 Next, Draw the Right Leg.
- Step 5 u2014 Finally, Finish Drawing Both Legs.
How do I get better at drawing muscles?
Recommendations for capturing human anatomy in the best possible way
- Scribbly lines indicate that your brain is still processing the image.
- Break down the shapes into simple forms.
- Learn what lies beneath the skin.
- Assess your work critically after each drawing.
- A lot of drawing is the best way to improve.
How do you draw a easy lung?
Drawing Lungs: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Draw a pair of vertical curved lines that diverge at each end.
- Draw a pair of curved lines from the trachea’s bottom.
- Draw a pair of curved lines opposite the first, forming the remaining bronchi.
How do you get big arms in 2 weeks?
Is it possible to get bigger arms in two weeks?
- Start each workout with chinups, which are great for biceps and forearm growth.
- Move on to dips as your second exercise.
- As your third exercise, do preacher curls with dumbbells or a barbell.
- Finish with skullcrushers.
Do 21s build muscle?
The 21s bicep curl is a powerful compound bicep exercise that, when compared to traditional bicep curls, maximizes time under tension during the exercise motion, strengthening the biceps muscle and increasing biceps hypertrophy.