How to Draw a House
The side angles give the house some form, and the roof has dormer windows, so drawing a house is one of the first things that kids learn when they start drawing.
Draw a rectangle and a slanted roof and side of a house. Draw the dormers and roof line details. Add scallop texture lines to the roof. Trace each door and window with a marker and color.
More Fun Houses to Draw
How to Draw a Cottage, a Country House, and a Townhouse in the Suburbs. How to Draw a Cottage, a Country House, and a Townhouse in the Suburbs.
How do you make a home art project for kids?
- Draw a door and a frame in the center.
- Add stairs below.
- Draw a symmetrical frame around it.
- Add an extension to the left.
- Draw the roof edge and chimney.
- Add a center window and lamps by the door.
- Draw two more similar windows.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.
How do I teach my 7 year old art?
When Should I Begin Teaching My Child to Draw and Paint?
- Never too young, never too old.
- A perfect grip makes for strong, confident lines.
- Easy drawing for kids.
- Invent lots of variations of the 6 Artabet lines and then warm-up with them.
How do you draw activity for kids?
When you combine paper with a child, you have a work of art on your hands.
- Tracing the hand.
- Zentangle inspired art journal page.
- Single color drawing.
- Draw from a new perspective.
- Body tracing.
- Tandem Drawing.
- This easy drawing idea is perfect for when kids have to wait in lines!
How do you draw a house art project?
- Draw a rectangle.
- Add a slanted roof and side of the house.
- Draw the dormers and roof line details.
- Add an edge to the roof line.
- Erase lines and draw windows and chimney.
- Draw a center door and two windows.
How can I prepare my house?
How to Get Your House Ready to Sell
- Identify repairs and make a plan.
- Declutter and clean to make it feel spacious.
- Depersonalize your home.
- Paint where it needs it most.
- Set the stageu2014make it feel like home.
- Keep it clean and consistent.