How to Draw a Silhouette
Silhouettes are drawn in profile, or from the side of the face, and resemble a shadow of the subject. The silhouette was named after Etienne de Silhouette, a French official in the 1700s.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Silhouette
To draw a woman’s face using the’silhouette’ technique, draw a series of curved lines from the bottom of the drawing to outline the base of the ponytail. Shade your cartoon silhouette with any color you like.
How do you draw a silhouette?
Draw a semicircle on one side of the big oval and a triangle at the bottom; the arc will be the back of the head, and the triangle will be the curve of the neck. Add details to the chin, lips, and nose, and connect the shapes so the silhouette begins to look more like a face and less like an abstract painting.
How do you cut out a silhouette?
Remove your enlarged tracing from the wall and lay it flat on your work surface. Cut out your silhouette with scissors or an x-acto knife (scissors work fine for minimal detail, but an x-acto knife is essential for fine details). Place your cut out silhouette on a contrasting background and voila!
What do you need for Silhouette art?
Method 2: Using Paint and a Frame to Make Silhouette Art
- Scissors, X-acto knife, or rotary tool, and mat.
- White construction or mat paper for the background.
- Stencil of the silhouettes you want to make.
- Painters tape.
- Small foam roller.
- Black paint.
- Frame that is at least an inch larger on each side than the stencil.
Is there an app to make a Silhouette?
“Silhouette” is a free photo editor app that allows you to create silhouette effects images and collage pictures; however, you can remove the restrictions by purchasing the “Additional Functions” Add-on in the In-App Purchase. You can also create images with transparent backgrounds, such as stamps, by hiding the background.
How can I turn a photo into a silhouette for free?
Remove the background of an image and convert it to a silhouette (for free!)
- Step 1: Select an image
How can I turn a photo into a silhouette online?
Submit a photo for a silhouette.
- Use Lunapic to Silhouette your Image!
- Use the form above to select an image file or URL.
- In the future, go to LunaPic > Draw > Silhouette Maker from the menu above.
How do you draw a realistic human?
Drawing Realistic Humans: 7 Tips
- Follow the Line of Action! Constructed poses can often appear stiff.
- Do a Head Count.
- Remember Your Head and Shoulders.
- A Space to Think.
- Get Your Head on Straight… But Not Too Straight.
- Smile From Ear to Ear.