How to Draw a Cartoon Christmas Tree
Drawing a cartoon Christmas tree is simple, and in terms of how it’s drawn, it’s very similar to putting up a real Christmas tree. When putting up a real Christmas tree, you start with the tree, then the lights, then the decorations, and finally, something at the very top of the tree… usually a star or an angel.
First Step – Putting Up the Cartoon Christmas Tree
What comes to mind when you think of a Christmas tree? A circle? A square? How about a triangle? Of course! So, before you do anything else, draw a nice big triangle on the page in front of you. Make it tall, but leave some space at the top and bottom of the page. You’ll need this space at the end of the lesson to draw something at the top.
Second Step – Christmas Tree Lights
Christmas tree lights are a great way to add that extra “Christmasy” touch to your tree, and they’re also very simple to draw. Click here for the Cartoon Christmas Lights lesson, and then continue below to string them up on your tree. I recommend four or five rows of lights, with the ones at the top being shorter… and the ones at the bottom being longer.
Third Step – Cartoon Christmas Tree Ornaments
Every Christmas tree needs ornaments, which come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors u2013 the most common of which are spheres. Then, just like with the lights, check out the Christmas Tree Ornaments drawing lesson for a quick and easy how-to. Then, come back and we’ll continue.
Fourth Step – Candy Canes
Can you guess what I’m going to ask you to do now? Check out the Candy Cane lesson to learn how to draw simple candy canes for your Christmas tree, then come back and continue. And, once you’ve gotten the hang of drawing them, go ahead and u2018hangu2019 some candy canes on and around your Christmas tree.
Final Step – The Finishing Touch!
Finally, because this is a drawing, there’s no need to go get a ladder! A ladder, of course, for the star! But you could draw an angel instead, or something completely different. In any case, go ahead and finish the job by drawing something on the top of your cartoon Christmas tree.
How do you draw a big Christmas tree?
In ten easy steps, we’ll show you how.
- Step 1: Draw an inverted ‘V.’ Step 2: Connect the ends from the left-hand side.
- Step 3: Do the same from the right-hand side.
- Step 4: Draw a similar, but larger, mid-section of the tree.
- Step 5: Draw another similar, but larger shape.
- Step 6: Draw the tree’s trunk.
How do you make a Christmas tree art project for kids?
- Draw a center star and two tree sections.
- Draw three more tree sections and snow.
- Draw lines for the lights.
- Add circles for decorations.
- Draw a horizon line.
- Add two small trees in the background.
- Add mountains in the back.
- Draw presents and candy in the front.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
How do you draw and color a Christmas tree?
- Draw a rectangle about 4-inches wide by 6-inches tall.
- Draw branches that follow the shape of the triangle with a dark colored pencil.
- Draw needles (flat leaves) on the branches.
- Draw ornaments in circles and ovals on the branches.
- Add green color to the branches and brown color to the tree trunk.
What is the meaning of Xmas tree?
Christmas tree. noun. an evergreen tree, or a replica thereof, decorated as part of Christmas celebrations; also known as Christmas bush. noun. any of various trees or shrubs that flower at Christmas and are used for decoration.