If your swamp isn’t connected to a river, skip this step. This shows the water draining in from the larger swamp. I emphasize the horizontal spread of rivers over the vertical spreads because I’m drawing a 3/4 style map, and it also helps define the swamp’s borders.
2. Tufts of swamp grass
To make an artificial swamp, add tufts of grass.
3. Water Ripples
The lines and ripples represent the bog’s surface water and aid in defining the swamp’s boundaries for the viewer’s eyes.
How do you draw a hill on a map?
On a map, there are four different ways to draw hills.
- Draw hills with simple lines to show the slope.
- Begin with lines that indicate the hill’s edges.
- Add form to the hills with overlay layers.
- Use lines to pick out the form of the hills from a 3/4 perspective.
- Shade your hills and give them form with overlay layers.
What type of water is in swamps?
Freshwater swamps form along large rivers or lakes, where they are critically dependent on rainwater and seasonal flooding to maintain natural water level fluctuations.
What is Wonderdraft?
Wonderdraft is a fantasy map-making program that might be just what you need.
How do you make a fantasy map?
Create Fantasy Maps of Your Own
- Step 2: Solidify Continent Shapes. Refine the outlines you drew with an eraser.
- Step 3: Mountains.
- Step 4: Rivers, Lakes, and Forests.
- Step 5: Add Cities.
- Step 6: Name Areas and Add Final Details.
- Step 7: Ink Coastline.
- Step 8: Ink Names.
How can I draw a map?
My method for drawing a map is fairly consistent:
- Doodle an outline. doodle in the outlines. doodle detail lines. doodle dark areas. doodle overall light and shade. doodle base colors. doodle detailed light and shade. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle label. doodle