How to draw a female face in 8 steps
This tutorial is based on my original method with a few minor tweaks, which I’ll explain as we go. Remember to use an HB pencil with light pressure for all steps so you can easily erase your guidelines at the end.
How to Draw a Female Face Step 1: Face Shape
I’m going to stick with a smooth, tapered jawline for this example because females have shorter chins than male counterparts, so a long chin can display a more masculine look.
How do you draw a woman’s face step by step?
Finally, draw a faint line vertically down the middle of the face with a ruler.
- Step 2: Draw Face Guidelines. Measure the length of the face and use a straight edge to draw a ruler to the side of your drawing.
- Step 3: Draw the Eyes.
- Step 4: Nose.
- Step 5: Eyebrows.
- Step 6: Lips.
- Step 7: Ears.
- Step 8: Hair.
How do you draw realistic step by step?
How to Make a More Realistic Drawing
- Know and prepare your art supplies.
- Start with a light initial sketch, concentrating on the largest shapes first.
- Remember, there are no visible lines in realism.
- Create gradual, smooth transitions between your different values.
How can I draw better faces?
What is the best way to draw a face?
- Start with two circles to form the base of the head.
- Add construction lines to position the features.
- Experiment with different proportions.
- Line up the features.
- Start with the eyes.
- Add in the nose.
- Try different lip shapes.
- Think about the differences between male and female faces.