How to Draw an Owl: Learn to Draw a Cute Colorful Owl in this Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Lesson — Art is Fun
Owls are fun to draw because of their wide eyes and fabulous feathers, so learn how to draw an owl that is cute, colorful, and full of personality. Draw Groovy is available on Amazon, Book Depository, and Barnes & Noble.
Let’s start with a simple owl outline and fill it in with different shapes, patterns, and colors. The owls below were made with a variety of media, including markers, colored pencils, pens, crayons, and oil pastels. Please don’t copy my owls exactly and try to sell them as your own. Copying for educational purposes is fine as long as I am credited as the original artist.
How do you draw a owl step by step?
How to Make an Owl Drawing
- Draw a gently curving line from left to right across the top of your paper.
- Draw two large circles in the center of the curved line for the owl’s eyes.
- Draw a gently curving line for the body, kind of like a U-shape that tapers at the top.
- Draw a pair of feet and two curved lines for wings.
How do you draw an Easy peasy owl?
How to Draw a Simple Cartoon Owl (Version 1)
- Start by drawing a slightly chubby U shape.
- Draw a beak between the eyes.
- Add details around the eyes u2013 small arches that go around both eyes (younger kids can skip this step).
- Draw two curved lines for the wings.
What is the Colour of owl?
Owls range in color from white to a variety of shades of tan, gray, brown, or rufous (reddish) brown to deep brown; a few are solidly colored, but the majority are cryptically patterned with streaks, bars, or spots, making them almost invisible against tree bark.
What do owls get eaten by?
Hawks, eagles, and even other owls have been known to prey on owls, but this is usually the result of a territorial dispute with other birds of prey such as hawks, ravens, or even other owls, which can result in injury or death.
How do you make an owl face?
- Draw the nose.
- Add the symmetrical brow shapes.
- Connect the top and draw two cheeks.
- Add smaller curves inside.
- Draw smaller circles inside.
- Add two smaller circles with spots inside.