How to Draw an Ocean — Step by Step Guide
The unrivaled beauty of the ocean is one of the most popular subjects for art, and drawing one is made easier and more enjoyable with the help of this comprehensive guide, which includes illustrations to help you follow the steps with ease.
In this exercise, you’ll learn how to draw a perfect straight line, or horizon, which is the line that connects the ocean’s surface and the sky. You can use a ruler or any other tool to help you draw a perfect line on your paper.
Step 2 — Draw the Sun on the Horizon of the Ocean
Draw a picture of the sun rising or setting over the horizon, making sure the sun is in the middle of the horizon to make your drawing look nice. Draw a semicircle above the horizon, which is the vertical line we drew earlier.
Step 3 — Create a Division Between the Sea and the Sand
After that, draw a wavy line across the bottom of the paper to separate the sand from the ocean; the seashores should now be visible.
Step 4 — Afterwards, Add Patterns on the Ocean
Simply draw continuous curvy or wavy lines on the edge of the water close to the shore to create the illusion of depth. Don’t worry if the line isn’t perfectly wavy – the more uneven it is, the more natural it looks.
Step 5 — Next, Add Patterns All Over the Sky
The Sun will appear as a line emerging from the left side of the sky and ending on the right side if you follow the steps.
Step 6 — Make the Sky Brighter to Set the Mood
Following the outline of the line we drew in the previous step, draw another line across the sky, this time directly above the previous one, emerging from the left side edge and extending all the way to the opposite side.
Step 7 — Then, Add More Details on the Ocean’s Surface
Draw multiple short horizontal lines in various spots on the ocean’s surface, varying in length from quarter of an inch to even shorter. Don’t press down too hard with your pencil when drawing these lines.
Step 8 — Now, Draw the Sand Along With its Texture
Simply draw multiple small dots of various sizes scattered across the surface of the sand to add texture and make the sand appear realistic. Don’t forget to shade the tiny dots and make them appear pitch-black.
Step 9 — Now, Add Multiple Bubbles on the Ocean
As you can see, the ocean has finally come together! All it needs now is a splash of color to make your artwork look vibrant.
Your Ocean Drawing is Complete!
It’s a lot of fun learning how to draw an ocean, isn’t it? We think this artwork would look great hung up on the wall once it’s colored and framed. Where do you think this ocean drawing would look great?Remember, all of our drawing tutorials are 100% free to use as learning materials to help you practice your drawing skills.
How do you draw a ocean step by step?
In just 9 simple steps, you can create a complete ocean drawing!
- Step 2 u2014 Draw the Sun on the Ocean’s Horizon.
- Step 3 u2014 Draw a Line Between the Sea and the Sand.
- Step 4 u2014 After that, Add Patterns to the Ocean.
- Step 5 u2014 After that, Add Patterns to the Sky.
- Step 6 u2014 Brighten the Sky to Set the Mood.
How do u draw waves?
How to Draw a Wave in 5 Easy Steps
- Draw the crest. The crest is the first step in drawing a wave.
- Draw the barrel. Add u201cCu201d shaped curved lines on the higher part of the sloped line.
- Add the whitewater.
- Draw the wave.
How do you draw a seashore easy?
- Draw a body in the lower left corner.
- Add legs, hair, and a bathing suit.
- Draw a blanket and umbrella.
- Add a wavy line for water, and a pail with shovel.
- Draw a figure in the right corner.
- Add a beach ball and lots of starfish.
- Draw two sailboats in the distance.
- Add a horizon line, waves, and sky with clouds and birds.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.