How to Draw Anime and Manga Male Head and Face
When compared to their female counterparts or younger males, manga and anime male characters of this age tend to have larger chins and longer faces with smaller/narrower eyes. This step-by-step tutorial shows how to draw an anime or manga male head and face from the front and side views.
Draw a small curve on the chin, but not too pointy, or the character will appear less masculine.
Make a small bump around the eyebrow areas, followed by an indent that transitions into the nose area, and then draw a straight line from the tip of the nose to the bottom of the chin.
Step 2 – Drawing the Ears
How to draw anime male ears: Draw the ears with their top and bottom between two lines; you can see the inner details of the ears above, but you might want to save drawing these for after you’ve finished drawing the rest of the facial features.
Step 3 – Drawing the Eyes
The bigger and wider the eyes are, the younger your character will appear; in this case, the character is a young adult (or close), so the eyes will be smaller than those of a boy.
Step 4 – Drawing the Nose
Place the nose’s details so that the bottom is at the halfway point/line between the top of the eyes and the bottom of the chin. See How to Draw Anime and Manga Noses for more information on how to draw different styles of anime noses.
Step 5 – Drawing the Mouth
Male anime and manga characters tend to have wider mouths than females, so draw the mouth with a light curve and a small break in the middle. For more examples of anime mouths, see How to Draw Anime and Manga Mouth Expressions.
Step 6 – Drawing the Hair
Draw the hair over the top of the head to help position the facial features and to see how the hair sits on the head. For a more detailed explanation of “see through” drawing, see:Beginner Guide to Drawing Anime.
Step 7 – Drawing the Details & Finishing the Line Drawing
Then add details like pupils and highlights, and then go over your drawing with darker lines and black fill or pencil shading. Anime male face line drawing – how to draw male anime eyes
Step 8 – Add Some Shading
Basic shading entails adding small drop shadows from the hair on the forehead and sides of the face; see How to Shade an Anime Face in Different Lighting for examples of drawing an anime face in various lighting conditions.
Male anime heads and faces vary depending on style, but the older the character, the more they tend to differ from their female counterparts. For a 3/4 view drawing of a similar face, see How to Draw Male Anime Face Step by Step.
How do you draw anime faces?
Draw a neck by extending straight vertical lines on each side of the face from the jawline, keeping in mind that the neck should be narrow, so the lines should be closer to the chin. Draw the tip of the nose where the vertical and horizontal lines intersect.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
Who is the best anime boy?
The 50 Sexiest and Hottest Anime Guys
- Natsu (Fairy Tail) Natsu Dragneel is a Fairy Tail Guild Mage.
- Wizard Howl (Howl’s Moving Castle)
- Hak (Yona of the Dawn)
- Yato (Noragami)
- L (Death Note)
- Tomoe (Kamisama Kiss)
- Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
How do you draw anime for beginners?
How to Draw Anime in 5 Easy Steps
- Create the basic structure of the character’s face first.
- Step 2: Add Facial Features.
- Step 3: Draw the Hair.
- Step 4: Add the Body.
- Step 5: Add Details and Ink the Drawing.
How can I draw better anime?
The Top 10 Ways To Improve Your Anime Drawing Skills
- Don’t trace or copy other artworks.
- Mix elements from various reference images.
- Accept and be open to criticism.
- Don’t take feedback from family and friends too seriously.
- Challenge yourself.
What is a good anime girl name?
Names of Anime Girls
- Akane (Japanese origin) – the most common meaning of this name is “deep red.”
- Hana (Japanese origin) – Hana means “flower” in Japanese.
- Haruka (Japanese origin) – Haruka can mean “distant” or “remote.”
What is the best anime drawing app?
10 Free Android Anime Drawing Apps
- JUMP PAINT.
- How to Draw Anime.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- CLIP STUDIO PAINT for manga.
- MediBang Paint.
- Best Manga Drawing.
- Draw Anime: Manga Tutorials.
- Draw Anime: Manga Tutorials.