How to draw a realistic eye
Darlene will be using the following tools to create a realistic eye: u2013 Mechanical Pencil with 0.5 mm HB and 4B Ain Leads. u2013 Derwent Graphic 6B Pencil. u2013 Kneaded Eraser u2013 Blending Stump.
Step 1: Outline the Shape of an Eye and Highlight
The glare from a light source causes the pupil to dilate.
Step 2: Shade the Pupil
Fill in the pupil with a 6B pencil, being careful not to press too hard, as this will make it difficult to erase, and you can go over the area again to achieve a darker shade of pink or purple.
Step 3: Shade the Iris
Smear some graphite onto a sheet of paper and rub it in with the blender until it transfers to the blender’s tip. This step does not have to be perfect, but sloppy smudging will make it look better. Learn how to use a blending stump here.
Step 4: Draw Spokes
Overlap some of the spokes to create thicker lines and a more interesting eye; leave some areas unfilled because they will be filled in later.
Step 5: Blend the Iris
Fill the white space in the iris with the highlight using the blending stump, working carefully around the highlight and not pressing too hard. If most of the lines have vanished, you have used the blender with too much or too little force.
Step 6: Add Depth
To get the eye shape you want for Christmas, use the 6B pencil to make a soft, natural-looking eye shadow.
Step 7: Shade the Skin
Use a 4B pencil or a kneaded eraser to shade the eye whites; if you leave the eyeball white, it will appear unrealistic and lack depth. Want to learn more about shading? Click here to read my shading tutorial.
Step 8: Draw Eyebrows and Eyelashes
Eyelashes should be drawn with curved lines rather than straight lines, and the eyebrows should be drawn with a thin HB pencil, while the eyelashes should be drawn with a darker pencil, such as a 6B. Click here for a super detailed tutorial on how to draw eyelashes.
Step 9: Touchups
I’ve added some eyelash reflections, some subtle blood vessels, and darkened the overall drawing in this step-by-step tutorial on how to draw a realistic eye with pencil. When drawing eyes, try to use as many shades as possible. Going dark makes a huge difference!
How do you shade your eyes?
3. How to Create a Shaded Eye
- With the HB pencil, draw a subtle shade around the white of the eye.
- Soften the shadows with the blending stump.
- With the eraser, clean the illuminated area.
- With the HB pencil, draw the details of the lacrimal caruncle.
- Shade the area subtly.
How do you make realistic anime eyes?
How to Draw Anime Eyes Anime eyes are very different from realistic eyes.
- Step 1: Draw the Top Eyelid.
- Step 2: Draw the Eyelashes.
- Step 3: Draw the Iris.
- Step 4: Draw the Pupil and Add Highlights.
- Step 5: Finish the Outer Shape of the Eye.
- Step 6: Draw the Eyebrow.
How do you get cute eyes?
However, there are simple steps you can take to improve the health and sparkle of your eyes as long as you have realistic expectations.
- Avoid dry air.
- Place green tea bags on your eyelids.
- Increase your omega fatty acid intake.
- Try using rose water.
- Use cucumbers to reduce puffiness.
- Try an eye massage.
How do you draw a baby’s eyes?
Step-by-Step Drawing Instructions in Writing
- Step 1: Lightly draw three ovals of equal width. Step 2: Draw a line through the center of the ovals on the outside. Step 3: Draw a line through the center of them all.
How do you draw a realistic human?
Drawing Realistic Humans: 7 Tips
- Follow the Line of Action! Constructed poses can often appear stiff.
- Do a Head Count.
- Remember Your Head and Shoulders.
- A Space to Think.
- Get Your Head on Straight… But Not Too Straight.
- Smile From Ear to Ear.