How to Draw Jesus on the Cross
Follow our easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial to learn how to draw a cross. Images of Jesus’ crucifixion are common in Christian churches. The “t” shape common in depictions of Christ impaled is likely derived from symbols important to pre-Christian religions.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Jesus on the Cross
To draw Jesus on the Cross, start by drawing a narrow, vertical rectangle with straight lines. Next, use curved lines to form his shoulder, sides of the torso, and the contours of the abdominal and chest muscles. Finally, use pairs of curved lines from the shoulders to form the arms.
How do you draw Jesus on the cross?
Drawing Jesus on the Cross: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Begin by drawing a narrow vertical rectangle with straight lines.
- Draw a narrow horizontal rectangle at a perpendicular angle to the first, forming the shape of the cross.
- Sketch Jesus’ face, erasing as needed.
How do you draw a cross?
Let’s get started learning how to draw a cross.
- Draw a horizontal line to outline the top of the cross starting in the upper middle portion of your paper.
- Step 2 u2014 Draw the Head and the Left Crossbar.
- Step 3 u2014 Complete the Left Side of the Cross.
- Step 4 u2014 Draw the Lower Right Part of the Cross.
How do you draw a cross on your body?
The motion is made by joining the first three fingers, symbolizing the Holy Trinity, and placing the two remaining fingers in the palm, then touching one’s forehead, below the chest, left side, then right side, and finishing with an open hand on the chest with a bowing head.
What does INRI mean?
INRI is commonly thought to stand for “Iesus Nazarenus, Rex Iudaeorum,” which means “Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews,” but there appears to be more.
What is cross hatching?
Cross-hatching is a line drawing technique that depicts light and shadow by using the white or openness of the page to represent light and a density of crossed lines to represent shadow.
How do you draw a skull?
How to draw a skull in step-by-step instructions.
- Step 1: Draw the basic shapes and lines.
- Step 2: Draw the eye sockets and nasal cavity.
- Step 3: Define the cheekbones and jawline.
- Step 4: Add more detail to the top of the skull.
- Step 5: Outline the teeth.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.
How do I turn to Jesus?
Accept that you are a sinner in need of God’s help; be willing to change your mind and turn away from your sin (repent); and believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.