How to Draw a Classic Car
This lesson is based on an example of a mid-20th century Muscle Car from Drawcarz.com. The term “classic” can be used for cars from the beginning of the twentieth century to the end of the century.
Wheel arches should have a slight incline from center to edges, and bumper lines should be straight and level.
Draw the front bumper and headlight frame in the second stage, then finish with the air intake on the hood.
At this stage, draw the visible part of the windshield and the frame of the side windows, keeping in mind that we’re drawing a car with a coupe body.
Draw a large window frame, a door, and an air intake in the same stage, with the air intake next to the door and a light line above the rear arch, and then a line at the back of the window frame with a handle.
You can see all the mistakes and inaccuracies in the lines and angles used to represent the driver’s eye by looking at your classic car drawing through a mirror.
Inside them, draw equally perfect circular rims, then carefully remove all construction lines to make them look exactly like the real thing.
1. Start by carefully drawing the spokes inside the bicycle’s outer outline.
Draw round lug nuts in the central section to make the rims more realistic and detailed.
Add shadows and highlights to make the classic car drawing more voluminous and realistic. You can add multiple layers of shadows to make the artwork more contrasting and three-dimensional. Click here for more information on how to draw classic cars in Adobe Illustrator.
How do you draw a easy car?
- Draw two wheels.
- Add inside circles and a line.
- Draw front and back bumpers.
- Draw the car body.
- Add front and back windows.
- Draw two side windows and lights.
- Add bumpers around the wheels.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.