How to Draw Anime Male Body Step By Step Tutorial
How to draw a male character in the anime and manga style, with a focus on various male body proportions. How to draw an anime guy: A step-by-step guide for aspiring artists and animators.
Step 1 – Draw the Overall Shape of the Male Body
If you’re drawing an anime character in two views, make sure the proportions in one view match up with the proportions in the other by drawing a vertical line at least as tall as the entire body for the front view. This will help you see if both sides are symmetrical.
Drawing the Head
See our gallery of images from around the web for more on drawing male faces.
Drawing the Body
A normal body is about the size of two heads, but in anime, the head can be slightly larger, depending on the size of the person you’re drawing. Big muscular anime characters may have heads that are much smaller in relation to the body than normal characters.
Drawing the Arms
Draw a basic anime guy arm structure in which the arms are about the same length as the body, but the arms should be longer than the body once the hands are added, and the arms are slightly lifted to the sides in the examples used in this tutorial.
Drawing the Legs
Draw an anime character with legs that are roughly equal in length to the head and body combined.
Step 2 – Clean Up Your Drawing
Clean up the sketch after you’ve sketched out the proportions so you have an outline drawing of each person’s body.
Step 3 – Draw the Details
See How to Draw Male Anime Eyes. How-to Draw Anime. How-To Draw Female Anime Body Part for more information on drawing male anime body details, as well as other tutorials on how to draw anime.
Step 5 – Add Colour and Shading
The main light source will be above and in front of the character, with small shadows on the chest and stomach muscles, as well as shadows on the inner side of the legs and below the knees for the front view.
If you need help drawing a female body in the anime style, see the How to Draw an Anime Girl Body Step by Step Tutorial, and for drawing a younger male character, see the How to Draw an Anime Boy Full Body Tutorial.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
How do you draw a man easy?
In just 9 simple steps, you can draw a complete man!
- Step 2 u2014 Draw the Head and Torso.
- Step 3 u2014 Draw Both Arms Attached to the Body.
- Step 4 u2014 Next, Draw the Right Leg.
- Step 5 u2014 Now, Finish Drawing Both Legs.
- Step 6 u2014 Finally, Draw a Pair of Nice Shoes.
How do you practice anatomy?
Recommendations for capturing human anatomy in the best possible way
- Think first, then draw
- scribbly lines indicate that your brain is still processing the image.
- Memorize the simple forms.
- Pay attention to the skeleton.
- Review and correct.
- Don’t just read about it.
- Avoid snowmen.
- Be patient.
What is a good anime girl name?
Names of Anime Girls
- Akane (Japanese origin) – the most common meaning of this name is “deep red.”
- Hana (Japanese origin) – Hana means “flower” in Japanese.
- Haruka (Japanese origin) – Haruka can mean “distant” or “remote.”