How to Draw a Tree Step by Step Tutorial
This simple tutorial shows how to draw a tree in four steps, with examples of a tree without leaves that shows all of the small branches. Drawing a tree like this is not difficult, but it does take patience to go over all of the small branches.
Step 2 – Draw the Trunk & Large Branches
Draw the tree’s shape from the inside out, then the trunk and larger branches. Keep in mind that the trunk and large branches will get thinner as they get closer to the top, so keep that in mind when drawing these parts.
Step 3- Draw the Smaller Branches
For the tree to look natural, you’ll need to add a lot of small branches. Keep in mind that while the small branches curve in slightly different directions, they tend to “fan out” around the tree, so draw accordingly. The smallest branches can be drawn with just one line each, which makes things a little faster and easier.
Step 4 – Finish the Drawing by Applying Shading
Simply shade the larger branches and trunk with a gradient, and you should have a finished drawing of a tree that is very lifelike.
This tutorial focuses on drawing a tree without leaves; for instructions on drawing leaves on a branch, see How to Draw a Tree Branch With Leaves Step-by-Step. Illustration of Leaves and Other Tricks To Draw a Sunflower Step-by-Step.
How do you draw a simple tree for beginners?
- Draw one side of the tree.
- Add the other side.
- Turn it into a Y shape.
- Draw two larger branches below.
- Draw two more branches below.
- Add random shorter branches.
- Draw a bumpy tree line around it.
How do you draw a easy sun?
Drawing the Sun: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Begin by drawing a circle.
- Draw a series of tall, narrow triangles across the top of the circle.
- Continue drawing tall, narrow triangles around the circle’s perimeter.
- Sketch smaller, shorter triangles between the triangles already drawn.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
How do you draw a fish pond?
Here are the steps for drawing Fish Pond.
- Step 1: Draw an oval as the pond’s edge. Step 2: Draw some stones and grass around the pond. Step 3: Draw some plants in the pond. Step 4: Draw two lotus flowers in the pond. Step 5: Draw some fish in the pond, including a large jumping fish.