How to Draw Lines in Microsoft Word
If you’re using Word 2016 for iPhone, make sure you click Insert in the blue ribbon, not the menu bar. Click a line type from the drop-down menu to select it. To delete a line, click it to select it and then press the Delete key. To add another line, select a line template from the Shapes menu and repeat the drawing process.
How do I draw a straight line in Word?
In Microsoft Word, how do you make a straight line?
- Select the type of line you want to draw from the Insert menu.
- Press the Shift key on the keyboard while dragging the pointer to form a straight line (horizontal or vertical).
- The straight line has been created!
Why can’t I draw a straight line in Word?
Set the height to zero in the Size tab of the Layout dialog box to make the straight line horizontal; similarly, set the width to zero to make the straight line vertical. To display the Layout dialog box, right-click the line and choose More Layout Options.
How do you draw a straight horizontal line in Word?
To add a horizontal line to your document, follow these steps:
- Place your cursor in the document where the horizontal line will be inserted.
- Go to Format | Borders And Shading.
- Click the Horizontal Line button on the Borders tab.
- Scroll through the options and select the desired line.
- Click OK.
How do I make lines in Word?
Follow these steps to add a line.
- Select Shapes from the Insert tab. Select any line style from the Lines section.
- Select a location in the document, hold and drag your pointer to a different location, and then release the mouse button.
How do I make vertical lines in Word?
Method 1: Keyboard shortcut: Press and hold the Shift key, then press the Backslash key. Method 2: ASCII code shortcut: Press and hold the Shift key, then press the Backslash key.
How can I write on a line in Word?
The text will be on the line if you highlight the text and click the Underline button on the Home tab in the Font group; if you click the Insert tab and click the Text box button in the Text group, select Draw Text Box from the drop-down list.
How do you draw a line down the middle of a word document?
In Microsoft Word, how to Draw a Line Down the Middle
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the Shapes icon in the Illustrations group.
- Click the line icon, the leftmost option under the Lines heading
- this icon is a simple diagonal line.
How do you draw a line down the middle in Word?
To add a vertical line between the columns, open the Columns dialog box by selecting Page Layout > Columns, then More Columns at the bottom of the list. In the Columns dialog box, check the box next to Line between.
How do I draw a parallel line in Word?
1 – From the insert > shapes palette, draw two parallel lines, format them as desired, then select both and save as an autotext entry (Alt F3) or formatted autocorrect entry. 2 – From the insert > shapes palette, draw two parallel lines, format them as desired, then drag one to the end of the other.
How do you draw a straight arrow in Word?
Click the u201cShapesu201d button on the Ribbon, then the u201cLine Arrowu201d option in the Lines group on the drop-down menu. A crosshair symbol will appear; press and hold your mouse button, then drag to draw the arrow.
How do you align shapes in Word?
Align a piece of artwork with other pieces of artwork.
- Hold Shift and click the objects you want to align, then click the Shape Format tab.
- Click Arrange > Align > Align Selected Objects. If Align Selected Objects is not available, click Arrange > Align, and then click the alignment you want.