How to Draw a Dolphin Step by Step
This step-by-step tutorial demonstrates how to draw and color a cartoon dolphin, with beginner-friendly illustrations for each step. It is recommended that you use a pencil for at least the first four steps of the tutorial. Draw light lines that you can easily erase if you make a mistake.
Step 1 – Draw the Body of the Dolphin
Draw the outline of the “nose” and the rostrum, which is the part of the dolphin’s head that sits on top, as well as the body.
Step 2- Draw the Tail
Draw the top portion in the shape of a half circle, and the bottom portion into two wave-like shapes.
Step 3 – Draw the Fin & Flippers
Draw the dolphin fin and flippers, with the fin curving backwards with a pointier tip and a wide base, and the foreground flipper more to the left of the picture to show that the dolphin is in 3/4 view, and the flippers being wider towards the body and pointier towards the tips, similar to the fin.
Step 4 – Draw the Mouth & Split Between Top & Bottom
Draw a split between the top and bottom of the dolphin’s body from the mouth, and then draw the dolphin’s mouth with just one simple curve, curved upwards like a smile rather than downwards like a frown.
Step 5 – Draw the Eye & Finish the Line Drawing
Make the eye and the iris/inner part of the eye very small, and then go over it with darker pencil lines, back pen, or marker to finish the line drawing.
Step 6 – Color the Dolphin
You can color the dolphin with whatever you want (paints, markers, colored pencils, etcu2026), but make sure to leave a white highlight area inside each section of the body for reflections, which will help the dolphin appear wet and shiny.
A dolphin is a fun and relatively simple animal to draw, especially in a cartoon style; see AnimalDrawing.co.uk for more similar animal drawing tutorials, as well as this tutorial on how to draw whales, sharks, and penguins.
How do you make a dolphin shape?
3. Drawing Dolphin Fins
- Draw a curve on the back of the dolphin that ends with a tiny circle.
- Draw a curve between the circle and the body.
- Attach an upside-down “T” to the tail.
- Draw an upside-down heart in this area.
- Draw two tiny circles under the “T”.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
How can I draw on video?
On Android and iOS, learn how to draw on videos.
- Install Scribbl on your phone.
- Open the app and tap the icon to import your video.
- Tap on Video and choose a video from your Gallery.
- Preview the imported video and select the video frame to which you want to add scribble animation.
How do you make a shark step by step?
- Start at the top of the shark’s body and work your way down.
- Add the bottom.
- Continue the body towards the tail.
- Add a tail.
- Draw the eye, nose, and gills.
- Add the dorsal fin on top and the pectoral fins below.
- Erase inside fins.