1. Know the Anatomy
Drawing a cat’s eye is just as difficult as drawing a human’s eye: divide the face in half vertically and horizontally to place the eyes, and the distance between the cat’s eyes is usually the equivalent of one eye, just like a human.
2. Sketch the Basic Shape
Begin by sketching the shape of the eyelids and how they cover the eyeball: the upper lid covers the eye well, while the lower lid curves around it. Once you’ve finished sketching the lids, erase the excess circles above the top eyelids.
3. Draw the Details
Draw the cat’s pupils and lightly sketch in any highlights, paying close attention to your reference photo of the cat! Pro Tip: Check your work upside down for mistakes when drawing upside down.
4. Shade the Eyes
Begin shading with a 4B graphite pencil and a kneaded eraser, making sure to shade along the curvature of the lid so you don’t lose the roundness of the eye. Before moving on, compare your drawing to a reference photo.
5. Shade the Surrounding Fur
The rules for sketching cat eyes are the same regardless of medium; the only differences are in shading and color. For a detailed step-by-step guide on how to do it, watch our class Pet Portraits in Colored Pencil.
How do you draw cat eyes?
The Perfect Cat Eye in 6 Easy Steps
- Step 1: Lower your eyelid to create a smooth surface to draw on.
- Step 2: Draw a triangle.
- Step 3: Fill in the triangle.
- Step 4: Connect the triangle to your lash line.
- Step 5: Touch up any mistakes.
- Step 6: Apply mascara.
How do you make cat eyes naturally?
To do a basic cat eye, follow these steps:
- Use concealer or eyeshadow primer under your eyes and on your eyelids to create a smooth, even base for your makeup and to help it adhere better.
- Top with eyeshadow, if using.
- Make the first line.
- Line the lash lines.
How do you draw a realistic cat easy?
A step-by-step tutorial on how to draw a cat
- Step 1: Draw a vertical line. Step 2: Draw a large oval for the body. Step 3: Draw a circle for the cat head. Step 4: Draw two triangle shapes for the cat ears. Step 5: Draw ovals for the four cat paws.
What is Colour of cat?
Did you know that all cats are basically a result of only two colors: black and orange? The rest of the colors seen on cats are all a result of a dilution gene, which is basically a gene modification!
Are cat eyes attractive?
Cat eyes are a rare occurrence among humans, and rare things are usually found attractive, so if you subconsciously or consciously want your eye shape to resemble that of a cat, you will find people with such eyes attractive.
How can I naturally lift my eyes?
Close your eyes gently and look up and down several times without moving your head. Another exercise that can be done instead of eyelid lifts is to place your fingers on your temples and pull your eyes toward your ears while opening and closing your eyes for ten repetitions.
How can I naturally look like a cat?
To create a contoured look, use oranges, blacks, and browns around your eyes and mouth.
- Make a V shape on your forehead to give your eyes depth.
- Make your cat nose more prominent on your face by shading your upper lip and bridge of the nose white.
What is cat’s nose?
The front part of a vehicle, such as an airplane or a boat, is called the nose, and if it noses in a certain direction or if you nose it there, you move it slowly and carefully in that direction. He couldn’t see the driver as the car nosed forward.
How do you draw a simple cat paw?
Drawing Cat Paw Prints: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Begin by enclosing an irregular shape with a curved line.
- Draw four small ovals above the curved shape to indicate the toe or digital prints.
- Draw another irregular crescent shape with a curved line.