How To Draw A Tree
WARNING: This post contains affiliate links. I decided to make a tutorial on how to draw trees, so I made 7 drawings of various trees with step-by-step instructions. I used a regular sketching pencil for these drawings, but the same principal applies to other mediums as well.
Tree # 2: The Seascape Tree.
The tree in this image is being bent by the wind, and many of the branches are leaning to the right as a result of the wind. I also added some clouds, shaded the water, drew a sand line, and some tall grass on the hill.
Tree # 4: Umbrella Tree
I decided on four trees, but more would be great as well. I added more details to the trunk, made more squiggly branches, and shaded the ‘umbrella’ portions of this tree, which was especially fun to draw.
Tree # 5: The Bushy Tree:
I added some shadow with the side of my pencil where the leaves will be, as well as some more detailed leaves, but they could also be berries, flowers, or whatever else you want for a tree.
Here is the Tree # 6, Or The Little Tree:
How do you draw a tree that doesn’t end in a stump? Add some more shading and grass to the back of the tree.
Tree # 7: The First Tree.
This was the first tree I ever drew, and I wasn’t particularly pleased with it, but here it is nonetheless; now go practice some trees of your own! Play around, and draw some amazing trees!
How do you shade a tree?
How to Grow a Shade Tree that Will Survive
- Don’t plant the tree too deeply
- there’s a spot near the roots where the trunk is enlarged.
- Slice encircling roots.
- Refill the hole with the same soil you removed.
How do you draw a simple tree step by step?
- Draw one side of the tree.
- Add the other side.
- Turn it into a Y shape.
- Draw two larger branches below.
- Draw two more branches below.
- Add random shorter branches.
- Draw a bumpy tree line around it.
What is the most beautiful tree?
Here are some of the world’s most beautiful trees.
- General Sherman Sequoia tree.
- Angel Oak tree.
- The Trees of Dead Vlei.
- Dragon blood tree.
- Pando Tree.
- Baobab trees in Madagascar.
- Japanese Maple in Portland, Oregon.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.