How To Draw A Tree
WARNING: This post contains affiliate links. I decided to make a tutorial on how to draw trees, so I made 7 drawings of various trees with step-by-step instructions. I used a regular sketching pencil for these drawings, but the same principal applies to other mediums as well.
Tree # 2: The Seascape Tree.
The tree in this image is being bent by the wind, and many of the branches are leaning to the right as a result of the wind. I also added some clouds, shaded the water, drew a sand line, and some tall grass on the hill.
Tree # 4: Umbrella Tree
I decided on four trees, but more would be great as well. I added more details to the trunk, made more squiggly branches, and shaded the ‘umbrella’ portions of this tree, which was especially fun to draw.
Tree # 5: The Bushy Tree:
I added some shadow with the side of my pencil where the leaves will be, as well as some more detailed leaves, but they could also be berries, flowers, or whatever else you want for a tree.
Here is the Tree # 6, Or The Little Tree:
How do you draw a tree that doesn’t end in a stump? Add some more shading and grass to the back of the tree.
Tree # 7: The First Tree.
This was the first tree I ever drew, and I wasn’t particularly pleased with it, but here it is nonetheless; now go practice some trees of your own! Play around, and draw some amazing trees!
How do you draw a simple tree?
- Draw one side of the tree.
- Add the other side.
- Turn it into a Y shape.
- Draw two larger branches below.
- Draw two more branches below.
- Add random shorter branches.
- Draw a bumpy tree line around it.
How do you draw a tree?
What Is the Best Way to Draw a Simple Tree?
- Start by drawing a base for your tree, or the ground on which it will stand.
- Step 2: Draw a Trunk.
- Step 3: Draw the Leaves.
- Step 4: Add Details.
- Step 5: Outline Your Drawing.
How can I make a good drawing?
7 Quick Ways to Improve Your Drawing Skills
- Exercise #1: Keep a Daily Sketchbook.
- Exercise #2: Warm Up to Improve Speed and Coordination.
- Exercise #3: Use Perspective to Make Drawings More Realistic.
- Exercise #4: Perfect Working With Shapes.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.
How do you draw a truck?
- Draw a rectangle. Add the cab shape. Add the front end.
- Draw wheels with rims inside.
- Draw wheel openings.
- Erase lines, add details, and a window.
- Draw lights, bumper, and road.
How do you make a paper tree?
- Fold a piece of thin green paper in half and draw half of a bare tree along the fold.
- Cut the tree out and make a second copy.
- Glue the trees together along one of the folded sides.
- Unfold the tree, stand it up, and let it dry.