Draw a line or shape
Sign in to My Maps on your computer and open or create a map. Maps can have up to 10,000 lines, shapes, or places. They can also have up to 50,000 total points (in lines and shapes). They can also have up to 20,000 data table cells.
Edit or delete lines or shapes
Sign in to My Maps on your computer. Open or create a map. Click an existing location on the map. Use the icons in the bottom right corner of the box that appears to make changes. Remove a photo:. Then go to the photo and click Remove.
How do I create a custom route in Google Maps?
Personalize your journey.
- Open the Google Maps app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Search for your destination or tap it on the map.
- Tap Directions in the bottom left.
- At the top, tap Driving.
- In the top right, tap More. Route options.
- Tap Avoid tolls or Avoid highways.
- Tap Done.
How do I draw a route on Google Maps app?
Make a line
- Open the My Maps app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Open or create a map.
- Tap Add in the bottom right.
- Drag the map until the X is where you want it, then tap Add.
- Repeat until you’ve drawn your line, then tap Done.
- Give your line a name and choose a layer.
How do I create a custom map?
How to Use Google Maps to Make Custom Maps
- Select the maps tab to open a new tab with a map that you can customize in one of two ways: by manually drawing points and shapes or by importing a spreadsheet.
- Customize your map by drawing.
- If prompted, give your point a title and a description.
How do I map my own route?
How to Create a Custom Route in Google Maps for Windows and Mac
- Sign in to your Google account and go to Google Maps.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the top-left corner.
- Select Your Places from the pull-down menu.
- Click on Maps then Create Map.
Where is the draw route button on Google Maps?
The ‘Draw Route’ button appears in the upper right corner, along with the unadjusted compass or true bearing display.
Why can’t I drag route on Google Maps?
If you don’t see a white circle with the words “Drag to change route” when your mouse is over the route, you’ll move the entire map. You could also try incognito or private browsing mode to make sure no extensions are interfering.
How do I create a route in Google Maps on my iPhone?
How to Use Google Maps on the iPhone to Create Routes
- To open the native Google Maps app on your iPhone, tap the map icon on the home screen.
- Tap the u201cDirectionsu201d button at the bottom of the map.
- Enter a starting point in the Start field.
- Enter an ending point in the End field.
How do I create a color code map?
How to Make a Color-Coded Map: Steps
- Open your map.
- Click “Add.”
- Select “Boundaries.”
- Select the boundary you want to add to your map.
- Click “Download a Sample Spreadsheet.”
- Open the template in Excel.
- Copy and paste the updated spreadsheet into Mapline.
What is the best free mapping software?
But when it comes to free mapping software, these 13 are the best.
- GRASS GIS.
- SAGA GIS.
- Whitebox GAT.
- QGIS 3.
- QGIS 2 (Quantum GIS)
Can you draw a route on iPhone maps?
On an iPhone, tap More at the bottom of the screen, tap Route, tap the plus ( ) button, and then create your first destination, then tap Add to Route at the top of the screen, tap the plus button again, and create another destination.
Can you create your own route on Apple Maps?
On your Mac, create a route.
- Click in the search field in the Maps app on your Mac, then type an address or other information, such as an intersection, landmark, or business.
- If available, click Look Around in the pop-up menu.
- Click the Close button.
- Click Create Route in the information card.