Graffiti Spray Can Drawing For Beginner Artists
Learn how to make a graffiti spray can drawing. It’s super simple to do and the possibilities are endless. Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means I get a small commission if you buy something through them at no extra cost to you.
Why You Should Draw With Shapes
We’ll use a cylinder for the nozzle and a sphere for the top part of the spray can in our spray can drawings to get the basic structure down first, and then build on that to create more complex objects.
How to Draw a Graffiti Spray Can
Graffiti spray cans are just as effective as regular spray cans, but they have a little more flare and style, so don’t be afraid to have some fun with them.
Graffiti Spray Can Drawing With a Face
You can add a mouth to your graffiti spray can to give it a different look and add a lot more variety to your drawings. If you’re not comfortable drawing the entire face, you can draw a mouth with a tongue and teeth, or you can go for it and try it and add details to the background.
Inking Your Graffiti Spray Cans
After you’ve completed your sketch, go ahead and go over your lines with a black pen, which is the ideal time to make your drawing more stylized. There are many different types of pens you can use to achieve some nice variation.
Coloring with Markers
Pick a color palette before you start laying in your colors, and layer more than one color for each section to help create depth.
Improve Your Drawings of Graffiti Spray Cans
Most of my drawings are done on artist trading cards because you can do several in a short amount of time, and repetition is the best way to improve your drawings or work through new ideas. Challenge yourself to do as many different drawings as you can.
More Lessons Related to Graffiti Spray Cans
Roshanda is on a mission to use her blog to coach and encourage as many aspiring artists as possible; learn more about her on the About Me page and follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
How do you draw a simple graffiti?
So, let’s get this party started:
- Step 1: Trace your graffiti tag.
- Step 2: Improve the graffiti.
- Step 3: Redraw the lines with a Fineliner.
- Step 4: Color your graffiti sketch.
- Step 5: Keyline and background.
- Step 7: Add highlights, your tag, and the year of creation.
Can of spray paint cost?
While there are significant price differences between brands and types of spray paint, you can expect to pay anywhere from $4 to $16 per can.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.
What are the three types of graffiti?
Graffiti Styles: The Top Ten
- Sticker (aka Slap)
- Poster (aka Paste-Up)
- Heaven or Heaven-spot.
- Throw-ups. A throw-up is a slightly more sophisticated version of a tag, though it can still be done quickly.
How do you make a graffiti name?
- Turn the letters into blocks or bubbles. Draw around the original letters to create a larger 2-D sketch of the name.
- Connect some of the letters.
- Write the name in print, rather than cursive, and use an erasable writing tool because you’ll need to manipulate the letters.
How can I improve my graffiti style?
- Learn the fundamentals of graffiti and experiment with a variety of styles.
- Begin by lightly drawing some block letters in pencil.
- Erase some parts and add arrows, cracks, bubbles, dents, stars, chips, or whatever else you think would suit your design.
What spray paint do graffiti artists use?
The Top 4 Graffiti Spray Paints
- Montana BLACK Graffiti Street Art Mural Spray Paint.
- Krylon COLORmaxx Spray Paint.
- MTN Hardcore 2 Graffiti Street Art Mural Spray Paint.
- Rust-Oleum Stops Rust Metallic Spray Paint.