Learn How to Draw a Horse Head From 3 Different Angles
Why not put your fantasies to paper and practice drawing the horse of your dreams? In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps of drawing a horse head from three different angles. Want to give it a try? Then gather your supplies and pick out your favorite horse pictures.
Finding Reference Photos
Because we’re drawing a horse in profile, be very selective; there are many breeds of horses with varying nose shapes, so start with your reference photo.
How do you draw a horse head for beginners?
- Draw a large eye with a spot.
- Begin the head as shown.
- Add the top of the head and neck.
- Add two ears.
- Draw the mouth shape around the nose.
- Erase the inside line. Add the nostril and lip line.
- Add a mane and back line.