How to draw a sphere (with the XYZ axis) |TIP 166
Welcome to the Design Sketchbook blog! If you’re new here, feel free to download the Designer Starter Kit and take your first steps, which included learning how to draw a circle in perspective (represented by an ellipse drawing).
In this tutorial, we’ll learn how to draw a sphere using the XYZ axis, which allows you to represent the drawing quickly without having to spend too much time shading with a pencil. The XYZ axis represents the three dimensions of space.
Chou-Tac has a video tutorial on how to draw the three basic types of design sketches (Cube, Cylinder, and Sphere).
How do you draw a sphere step by step?
How to Draw a Sphere in 6 Simple Steps
- Block in the Contour. The first step in learning to draw a sphere is to draw a circle.,h2>
- Fill in the Shadows.
- Shade In the Sphere (Turn the Form) Use shading to make the sphere appear round.
How do you draw a sphere line?
- Start with a circle.
- Pick a point inside the circle.
- Join A and B with a line and extend it.
- Draw a line perpendicular to AC.
- Draw a line parallel to AC starting from D.
- Draw a line parallel to CD starting from E.
- Clean except AB, F.
How do you make a 3 D sphere?
To make a sphere, you start with a sketch, just like any other 3D body.
- To make a semicircle, draw a vertical line and connect the two ends with an arc.
- Go to Menu > Tools > Revolve and select the filling of the closed sketch.
- Select the axis of revolution.
- Select Done.
Which tool is used to draw a ball?
Curve tool, Triangle tool, Rectangle tool, Pick color tool
How do you draw a sphere in isometric view?
To make an isometric sketch from an actual object, hold it in your hand and tilt it toward you, as shown in the illustration; the front corner will appear vertical in this position.
Can you draw a perfect circle freehand?
“It’s a lot of extra work,” one-time World Freehand Circle Drawing Champion (yes, there is such a thing) proves in this awesome video, which has been viewed 9.5 million times. (Read more drawing stories.)
Which 3D tool is used to draw a sphere?
Use Illustrator’s 3D Tool To draw a sphere in Illustrator, simply draw a circle and cut it into a half circle, then apply the 3D revolve effect and “presto,” you have a perfect sphere with some control over the surface texture and light source.