How to Draw a Skull and Rose
The human skull has long been used as a symbol of death and mortality in art, and dance macabre artwork frequently includes skulls and dancing skeletons. This simple, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial demonstrates how to draw a skull with roses.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Skull and Rose
Draw the orbital plate around the eyes, enclosing an irregular rounded shape for each orbit or eye socket. Draw inverted “U” shaped lines to indicate the teeth. Enclose the lower jaw or mental foramen with a series of curved lines.
What does a skull with flowers mean?
A cold skull is a powerful symbol of death; however, when placed next to a flower in the Mexican style, the meaning changes dramatically: the beauty, balance, and joy of the petals transform the unsettling head into a new, cheerful symbol.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.
How do you color roses?
- Pick some of the leaves off your roses.
- Trim each stem to about 10u2032u2032 long.
- If you want rainbow roses, split the stem open in 3u2032u2032 long sections with the razor knife.
- Pour water into your water cups, then add food coloring.
- Place the cups next to each other.