How to Make a Flowchart in Word
Although creating a flowchart in Lucidchart is the most efficient way to incorporate it into Word documents, it is still possible to do so in Word; this guide will show you how to use the Add-Ins and how to create flowcharts within Word.
2. Add shapes
Use the SmartArt or Shapes tools in Word to add shapes to your flowcharts. SmartArt graphics are pre-made collections of shapes within a gallery, while the Shapes tool offers a basic selection of shaped objects that can be inserted and edited onto the document.
Adding symbols via SmartArt in Word
From the left panel of the dialog box, click Process for flowchart-specific options; you are free to use whatever SmartArt graphic is best for your specific needs; if you run out of shape options, you will need to manually add a shape from the Design tab.
Adding symbols via Shapes in Word
Select a flowchart shape from the dropdown gallery on the Insert tab of the Ribbon, and then click and drag it to the size you want on the page to place it. Continue adding shapes and lines to complete your flowchart in Adobe Illustrator.
3. Add text
To customize the font, use the toolbox that appears when a desired shape is selected. To add text to a SmartArt graphic, click the filler text and begin typing; to add text to a Shape, double-click the object and begin typing.
4. Add lines
To add a line between shapes, go to Insert > Shapes, select a line style, and then click and drag on the page.
5. Format shapes and lines
If you’re creating a flowchart in Word, you can move shapes and lines around the document by simply clicking and dragging them. You can also change the design of your shapes by selecting them and selecting an option from the two new tabs in the Ribbon, Format and Design.
How do I make a diagram in Word?
In order to make a diagram in a document, follow these steps.
- To open the Choose a SmartArt Graphic dialog box, place the cursor in the document where you want to insert the diagram.
- In the left pane, select a type of diagram.
- Click OK to insert the selected diagram at the cursor.
How do I make a block diagram in Word?
Make a block diagram of the situation.
- Drag shapes from the Blocks and Blocks Raised stencils onto the drawing page.
- To add text to a shape, select the shape and type.
- Click New, under templates or categories, click General, and then double-click Block Diagram.
How can I draw on a picture in Word?
In Word, how to draw
- Click the ‘Shapes’ button in the ‘Insert tab,’ and select ‘Scribble’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click and hold down your mouse to draw the shape you want.
- Release the mouse when you’re done drawing.
- Go to the ‘Shape Format’ tab to edit your shape.
Can I draw on word?
Whether you have Word for Mac or Windows, you can draw freely using the “Draw” feature, as well as insert customizable shapes into your document and draw using the “Scribble” feature. The process of drawing in Word varies depending on which version of Word and device you’re using.
Can you draw a signature in Word?
If you don’t have an image of your signature, you can use Word’s Draw tab to create your signature with your mouse or touchpad. Place your cursor on the spot in your document where you want your signature, and then sign your name inside the canvas with your mouse or touchpad.
How do I make a graph in Word 2020?
In Word, add a chart to your document.
- Click Insert > Chart.
- Click the chart type, then double-click the chart you want.
- In the spreadsheet that appears, replace the default data with your own.
- When you’re done, close the spreadsheet.
How do I draw an angle in Word?
Make a curve.
- Click Shapes on the Insert tab, then Lines, then Curve.
- Click where you want the curve to start, drag to draw, and then click wherever you want to add a curve.
- To end a shape, do one of the following: double-click at any time to leave it open, or click near its starting point to close it.
What is diagram example?
A diagram is a graph, chart, drawing, or plan that explains something by showing how the parts relate to one another, such as a chart that shows how all of the departments within an organization are related.
How do you create a diagram?
This article offers some hard-won advice on how to create diagrams that both communicate and look great.
- Pick the Right Diagram Type.
- Follow the Standards.
- Stick to a Color Theme.
- Pay Attention to Typography.
- Be Aware of Diagram Size.
- Include Legends/ Guidance.
- Be Consistent with Diagram Lines.
How do you draw a block control diagram?
A block, a summing point, and a take-off point are the basic elements of a block diagram; to identify these elements, consider the block diagram of a closed loop control system shown in the following figure. The above block diagram consists of two blocks with transfer functions G(s) and H(s).
Where is the pen in Microsoft Word?
Tap a pen on the Ribbon to select it; to draw with ink in Word, you must be in Print layout. If the Draw tab is grayed out and you can’t select a pen, go to the View tab and select Print Layout; then you can select a pen to draw with.
How do you draw a freehand in Word?
Make a freeform shape by drawing or editing it.
- Click Shapes under Lines on the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group.
- To draw a shape with both curved and straight segments, click Freeform.
- Click anywhere in the document, and then drag to draw.
- To finish drawing the shape, do one of the following: