How to Draw a Clown – Step by Step Guide
This guide consists of 9 simple instructions paired with simple illustrations, making it easier for you to follow the steps one by one. A clown is a comic entertainer who typically wears exaggerated makeup and eccentric outfit.
Use reference lines, as well as the horizontal and vertical lines, to ensure that the clown’s head is drawn in the center of the paper.
Step 2 — Create an Outline of the Clown’s Head
To make the clown’s ears, draw two semicircles on each side of his head and two small curved lines on each ear to create the inside or inner ear. This adds detail to your drawing and makes it look more realistic and lifelike.
Step 3 — Next, Draw the Hat the Clown is Wearing
Simply draw a semicircle with a slightly flat bottom at the top of the clown’s head, making sure to erase any parts of the outline of the head that overlap within the hat.
Step 4 — Afterwards, Draw the Clown’s Hair
Draw a scalloped line forming a sideways triangular shape on each side of the head for the clown’s afro hairstyle, which forms the big chunk of pointed hair in the illustration below.
Step 5 — Then, Draw the Eyebrows of the Clown
To make the clown’s arched eyebrows, draw two curved line shapes below the hat, making sure they are uniform and drawn at the same level.
Step 6 — Now, Draw the Clown’s Round Nose
Create a huge, round nose by drawing a perfect circle around the middle of the clown’s face and then filling it in with red paint. This is one of the most distinguishing features of a real-life clown.
Step 8 — Style and Design the Clown’s Appearance
The more creative the designs, the more fun the clown appears to be; feel free to add more patterns to the hat or hair decorations.
Step 9 — Add the Eyes to Complete the Look
Create a dramatic “sparkling eyes” effect by mixing the colors white, yellow, red, and blue and drawing a large standing oval shape right beneath each brow. Add shade to the entire pupil while leaving the iris un-shaded.
Your Clown Drawing is Complete!
All you need is a pen and paper and some colored pencils to create a masterpiece! Take a photo of your finished drawing and post it on our Facebook page or on Pinterest; we can’t wait to see it!
How do you draw a clown easy?
- Draw the circle nose.
- Add the two attached eyes.
- Draw the head around the eyes.
- Add the mouth.
- Draw the neck, bow, shoulders.
- Add ears and curly hair.
- Draw the hat on the head.
How do you draw a scary clown step by step?
Drawing a Scary Clown: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Begin by drawing a circle.
- Above the circle, draw two sets of curved lines to outline the brow.
- Begin by drawing a long, curved line beneath the nose.
- Outline the mouth, drawing new lines parallel to those previously drawn.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.