How to Draw 3D Stairs Optical Illusion
This 3D stair drawing is a really cool optical illusion. Op art is one of our most popular types of content, and this drawing is one of the most impressive we’ve seen so far. The trick is actually very simple to draw and only takes a few seconds to master.
What is Anamorphic Art
Anamorphosis is a distorted perspective that requires the viewer to view the artwork from a specific vantage point; the two main types of anamorphic art are perspective and mirror, both of which can be found in prehistoric cave paintings such as those of Lascaux.
How to Draw 3D Steps
Start by drawing a rectangle and then a line across the width of your rectangle. I’m using a marker to make it easier to see, but a pencil would probably be a better choice for this type of op art drawing.
3D Stairs Optical Illusion
Draw additional sets of steps by drawing pairs of wider and narrower gaps, keeping your angles consistent on each set of steps. To see the optical illusion, turn your drawing so you are viewing it at the correct angle.
Related 3D and Op Art Lessons
Roshanda is on a mission to use her blog to coach and encourage as many aspiring artists as possible; learn more about her on the About Me page and follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
How do you draw a 3D step?
Steps to Draw a 3D Model
- Begin by sketching a rectangle.
- Continue this process to the far right side of the rectangle.
- With a darker pencil or pen, trace around the image, erasing any unwanted pencil marks.
What are the 3 types of optical illusions?
Every optical illusion can be classified into one of three categories: physiological, cognitive, or literal. Let’s look at each of these categories and see which illusions fit into each.
What are the six ways to create space?
Term(s) in this collection (6)
- An artist can create the illusion of space by using one point perspective, two point perspective, or three point perspective (birdseye view and worm’s eye view).
- Size or scale.
- Color and a value.
How do you draw a 3D alphabet?
I’ll show you how to make 3D letters with a ruler, a pencil, and a pen in this article.
- Add Dimension.
- Add Ink to the Shadows.
- Add a Background (Optional)
- Draw Thick Block Letters. Letters will only look 3D if you give them a shadow, and in order to cast a shadow, the letters must be thick.
What is a 4D drawing?
4D Draw is a simple vector graphics app that allows you to draw four-dimensional figures by representing the first three coordinates of each point in the traditional way and using color to represent the fourth coordinate. It is designed for geometry students who want to learn to visualize four-dimensional space.
How do you make a 3D painting for kids?
How to Make a 3D Painting in 4 Easy Steps
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and water
- stir to make a thin, smooth paste
- add the food color and mix again.
- Paint something on thin cardboard with your paints.
- When you’re finished, microwave it for half a minute.
- See how long your work of art lasts!