How do you construct an equilateral triangle?
Suggested clip 85 seconds
Constructing an Equilateral Triangle – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you construct an equilateral triangle without a compass?
Rotate the ruler until the mark representing the length of the base line touches the perpendicular bisector. If it cannot touch, extend the bisector. Draw the line, then repeat this process to draw the third line. You now have a triangle with three congruent sides and three congruent angles, or an equilateral triangle.24 Apr 2017
How do you draw a triangle?
- Sketch an inverted equilateral triangle.
- Lightly sketch two parallel lines outside one side of the triangle.
- Do this for each of the other two sides.
- Choose one side of the “center” triangle.
- Find the same side of the “middle” triangle.
- Repeat steps for the other two sides of the triangle.
1 Nov 2018
Can you draw a right equilateral triangle?
An equilateral triangle can not be a right triangle. This makes sense because the angle measures in any triangle, not only an equilateral triangle, equal 180 degrees. In a right triangle, however, the 3 angles can NOT be congruent. This is because in a right triangle, one angle equals 90 degrees.