How to Draw Lines in Microsoft Word
If you’re using Word 2016 for iPhone, make sure you click Insert in the blue ribbon, not the menu bar. Click a line type from the drop-down menu to select it. To delete a line, click it to select it and then press the Delete key. To add another line, select a line template from the Shapes menu and repeat the drawing process.
How do I draw a straight line in Word?
In Microsoft Word, how do you make a straight line?
- Select the type of line you want to draw from the Insert menu.
- Press the Shift key on the keyboard while dragging the pointer to form a straight line (horizontal or vertical).
- The straight line has been created!
How do you draw a line in Word 2020?
In Word, how to draw
- Open your Microsoft Word document and click the ‘Shapes’ button.
- Hold down your mouse to draw. Click and hold down your mouse to draw.
- Release the mouse. The drawing will be finished as soon as you release your mouse.
- Edit your drawing. Double-click your drawing.
How do I make colored lines in Word?
- Click the Format tab, then click the line you want to change.
- Under Shape Styles, click the arrow next to Line, and then click the color you want.
Why can’t I draw a straight line in Word?
Set the height to zero in the Size tab of the Layout dialog box to make the straight line horizontal; similarly, set the width to zero to make the straight line vertical. To display the Layout dialog box, right-click the line and choose More Layout Options.
How do you draw a straight horizontal line in Word?
To add a horizontal line to your document, follow these steps:
- Place your cursor in the document where the horizontal line will be inserted.
- Go to Format | Borders And Shading.
- Click the Horizontal Line button on the Borders tab.
- Scroll through the options and select the desired line.
- Click OK.
How do I make vertical lines in Word?
Method 1: Keyboard shortcut: Press and hold the Shift key, then press the Backslash key. Method 2: ASCII code shortcut: Press and hold the Shift key, then press the Backslash key.
How do I use the pen in Word 2020?
Text should be written, drawn, or highlighted.
- Tap a pen on the Draw tab of the Ribbon to select it.
- Tap again to open the pen’s menu of Thickness and Color options.
- A Pencil texture is also available:
- Start writing or drawing on the touch screen.
Can you draw a signature in Word?
If you don’t have an image of your signature, you can use Word’s Draw tab to create your signature with your mouse or touchpad. Place your cursor on the spot in your document where you want your signature, and then sign your name inside the canvas with your mouse or touchpad.
Where is the Draw tool in Word?
The Draw tab has been added to the Ribbon.
- Right-click the Ribbon and choose Customize the Ribbon.
- Check the box next to Draw, then click OK.