How to draw a sunset
Colored pencils, markers, oil pastels, crayons, acrylic paint, or graphite pencils can all be used to create stunning images of the sun setting over the ocean.
Option 1Drawing paper (Stonehenge paper, illustration board, suede board, mat board, or A4 printing paper)A graphite pencil;A kneaded eraser;A colored pencil setOption 2A blank white canvas;A fine permanent marker;Crayons, oil pastels, acrylic paint, or aquarelle paint;Round, flat, and fan brushes
1. Draw a straight, horizontal horizon line, from left to right, more or less in the center of the drawing paper – if needed, use a ruler;2. Start adding a bumpy mountain valley on one side of the picture, converging to the middle of the horizon line;3. Draw a similar curved valley on the opposite side of your drawing;4. Draw a circle representing the sun, starting on one side of the mountain valley and ending on the other side;5. Draw a series of zigzag lines below the sun to represent its reflection on the ocean;6. Start drawing a palm tree emerging from one side of the valley into the sun’s circle;7. Draw a few M-shaped sunset birds in the sky and flying across the yellow dwarf star;8. Add a few wavy lines at an angle across the water to indicate waves;9. Draw a couple of curved lines at an angle across the sea to illustrate ocean waves;10. Color the sunset drawing with yellow, orange, pink, and purple tones, and add bluish hues to the water;
How do you draw a sunset?
Drawing a Sunset: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Draw the horizon line first, then the mountainous islands on one side of the picture.
- Draw another island on the opposite side, this time using a curved, bumpy line.
- Draw the sun.
How do you draw a sunset with colored pencils?
Let’s get this party started.
- Step 1: Layer colors on the paper from light to dark.
- Step 2: Activate watercolor pencils with water.
- Step 3: Continue to layer and blend with water until you achieve the desired color saturation.
- Step 4: Draw the basic branch shapes.
How do you draw a beach?
- Draw a body in the lower left corner.
- Add legs, hair, and a bathing suit.
- Draw a blanket and umbrella.
- Add a wavy line for water, and a pail with shovel.
- Draw a figure in the right corner.
- Add a beach ball and lots of starfish.
- Draw two sailboats in the distance.
- Add a horizon line, waves, and sky with clouds and birds.
How do you draw a easy sun?
Drawing the Sun: Step-by-Step Instructions
- Begin by drawing a circle.
- Draw a series of tall, narrow triangles across the top of the circle.
- Continue drawing tall, narrow triangles around the circle’s perimeter.
- Sketch smaller, shorter triangles between the triangles already drawn.
How do you make a colorful sunset?
- Dip a small flat brush in black paint and paint small dabs of yellow, orange, and white paint all over the canvas.
- Dampen the brush by dipping it in water and drying off the excess water with a rag or paper towel.
- Make the center darker by adding dabs of red paint.
How do you blend crayons?
Using a circular motion, go over your crayon colors you want to blend until you get the desired effect. Saturate your cotton swab with rubbing alcohol and dab it on a cloth or paper towel so it is not dripping wet.
How do you color a sunrise with colored pencils?
Blend orange into the darker yellow band with an orange colored pencil, extending down around the sun until the orange color reaches the sides of the page, then continue coloring upward past the sun, spanning both sides of the page and releasing pressure as you get closer to the top.
How do you draw a boy?
- Draw a large U shape on top.
- Add a cap of hair on top.
- Draw the face and hair details.
- Continue with the neck and shirt.
- Add shorts below.
- Draw legs and feet under the shorts.
- Add simple arms.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.