How to Draw an Owl: Learn to Draw a Cute Colorful Owl in this Easy Step-by-Step Drawing Lesson — Art is Fun
Owls are fun to draw because of their wide eyes and fabulous feathers, so learn how to draw an owl that is cute, colorful, and full of personality. Draw Groovy is available on Amazon, Book Depository, and Barnes & Noble.
Let’s start with a simple owl outline and fill it in with different shapes, patterns, and colors. The owls below were made with a variety of media, including markers, colored pencils, pens, crayons, and oil pastels. Please don’t copy my owls exactly and try to sell them as your own. Copying for educational purposes is fine as long as I am credited as the original artist.
How do you draw a simple owl?
- Draw a large U-shaped body.
- Add two simple ears and wings.
- Draw a nose and cheek lines.
- Add two large circle eyes.
- Add smaller circles inside.
- Draw lines on the wings.
- Add scallop feather lines.
What do owls get eaten by?
Hawks, eagles, and even other owls have been known to prey on owls, but this is usually the result of a territorial dispute with other birds of prey such as hawks, ravens, or even other owls, which can result in injury or death.
How do you make an owl face?
- Draw the nose.
- Add the symmetrical brow shapes.
- Connect the top and draw two cheeks.
- Add smaller curves inside.
- Draw smaller circles inside.
- Add two smaller circles with spots inside.
What do owls represent?
Owls are often associated with supernatural knowledge, regal silence, and fierce intelligence.