How to Draw a Tree Branch
The tree limb, branch, or bough is a division of a tree where smaller portions branch from the main trunk. The nursery rhyme “Rock-a-bye baby” describes a baby being rocked to sleep on a tree branch.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tree Branch
Extend a pair of wavy lines from the opening, forming a twig. Use multiple lines and allow them to diverge into different twigs.
How do you draw a simple tree branch?
- Draw one side of the tree.
- Add the other side.
- Turn it into a Y shape.
- Draw two larger branches below.
- Draw two more branches below.
- Add random shorter branches.
- Draw a bumpy tree line around it.
How do you draw ideas?
Ideas for Drawing: Imagination
- Create an alternate cover for your favorite book or album.
- Illustrate a scene from your favorite song.
- Draw a scene or character from your favorite book.
- Illustrate your favorite fairy-tale.
- Invent your own insects.