How to Draw a Realistic Portrait from a Photograph
Decide whether you want the person to be male or female, younger or older; very young children are easier to draw, but adults may be more difficult.
If there are no bags under the eyes, don’t draw them; if your subject has a larger-than-average nose, don’t try to make it smaller. A portrait should look like a real person, not an ideal. Be patient and take your time. Shade adds dimension and makes it look more finished.
How do you draw someone’s portrait easily?
Self-Portrait Drawing Techniques
- Start with a light sketch.
- Add shadows and smudge them. Add shadows to make your sketch look more professional.
- Do your hairline after you outline. Start with the head and work out the proper length.
How do you draw a portrait?
Here are some portrait drawing tips:
- Start with the eyes and work your way down to the nose and mouth.
- Allow the darkness of the hair to aid in the creation of the lighter edge of the face.
How do you make realistic portraits?
Drawing a Realistic Portrait with a Pencil
- Step 2 u2013 Outline.
- Step 3 u2013 Eyes.
- Step 4 u2013 Nose.
- Cheeks, Lips, and Skin.
- Step 5 u2013 Hair.
- Step 6 u2013 Detailing.
- Step 7 u2013 Finalizing.
How can I make a portrait online?
Portrait retouching and editing
- Import and select the best images: The first step is to go through your photos and transfer them to your computer.
- Simple edits and adjustments.
- Retouch portraits yourself or hire a professional editor online.
How do you draw a self portrait with a mirror?
Using Mirrors for Self-Portraits
- Set up your mirror at any angle you like, but keep it close to your drawing surface.
- Hold your place – Draw a red dot in between your eyes on the mirror as you look into it, so you can return to your original position if you move.