Easy How to Draw a Horse Tutorial and Horse Coloring Page
Horses first appeared in art 17,000 years ago, and Renaissance artists were greatly influenced by them. Today, kids can get some help with a step-by-step tutorial on how to make their horse look like an artist.
How to Get Started
Step 1: Fold the paper in half, crease it, and unfold it. Step 2: Draw a horizontal and vertical oval in the center of the paper. Step 3: Draw a grid of three dashed lines in both horizontal and vertical directions.
New! Coloring Page Gallery
With the red button below, you can now easily download this drawing as a coloring page by opening it as a PDF file, which you can then save to your desktop. It’s never been easier to see and download so many of my coloring pages in one place.
Materials for How to Draw a Horse
Prang Crayons are softer than other crayons, so they sometimes look like oil pastels, and Crayola has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that are a bit richer and warmer.
Directions for How to Draw a Horse Step by Step
Time required: 1 hour. Traces with marker and colors with crayons. Erases inside lines and adds horse ears and a face. Draw a mane over the neck. Finish with a tail and a background.
How do you draw a easy horse?
Step-by-Step Horse Drawing Instructions
- Start with the head.
- Draw the ears.
- Draw the neck.
- Let’s draw the facial features u2013 the eyes, nostrils, and mouth.
- Draw the legs.
- Draw the back.
- Draw the legs in the background in the same manner as the first pair of legs.
How do you draw a running horse?
How to Draw a Running Horse
- Step 1: Draw two circles for the horse’s body.
- Step 2: Draw another circle for the horse’s head on the top, left side.
- Step 3: Draw a U-shaped arc for the horse’s muzzle on the lower, left side of the head.
How do you draw a horse face?
- Draw a large eye with a spot.
- Begin the head as shown.
- Add the top of the head and neck.
- Add two ears.
- Draw the mouth shape around the nose.
- Erase the inside line. Add the nostril and lip line.
- Add a mane and back line.
What is the baby horse?
A foal is a young horse; after turning one year old, a foal becomes a yearling. Foals can be male or female; mares, or adult female horses, foal.