How To Strikethrough Your Text in Google Docs
Strikethrough is a font effect that creates a horizontal line straight through the center of a word or phrase in your document without hiding the content beneath it, so the reader can still see the words you’re striking through.
How do you put a line through text in Google Docs?
Strikethrough in Google Docs: How to Do It
- Highlight the text you want to strikethrough, then go to the header’s “Format” section, hover over the “Text” button, and click the “Strikethrough” button.
How do you put a line through text?
Select your text, then press Ctrl D to open the Strikethrough window, where you can choose between the regular “Strikethrough” option and a “Double Strikethrough” option if you prefer. Make your choice, then click the “OK” button.
How do you draw a line in Google Docs?
Make use of the editing features.
- Find and click Select line at the top of the page.
- Choose the type of line you want.
- Place the line on your drawing: Line, Elbow Connector, Curved Connector, or Arrow: Click to begin, then drag across the canvas.
What is the command for strikethrough?
You can use a keyboard shortcut to quickly achieve a single strikethrough effect on a PC: Alt H 4; on a Mac: Cmd Shift X. So, select a piece of text or an entire paragraph and hit these keys on your keyboard.
How do you do strikethrough on mobile?
On Android smartphones, tap and hold the text, then choose Bold, Italic, or More, then Strikethrough or Monospace from the More menu. On iPhone, tap the text > Select or Select All > B_I_U, then Bold, Italic, Strikethrough, or Monospace from the More menu.
How do you put a line through text on Iphone?
The in-context marking menu will appear after you tap and hold the text to select the line you want to strike through. Drag either of the blue bookends to the left or right to narrow or widen your text selection. Tap the strikethrough S icon from the in-context marking menu.
How do I do a strikethrough in Excel?
Where is the Strikethrough option for the font?
- To see the changes, save the workbook and reopen it in Excel for the web.
- Select the cells containing the data you want to format.
- Click the Format Cells box launcher. Tip: You can also press Ctrl 5.
- In the Format Cells box, under Effects, click Strikethrough.
How can I draw on a picture?
What is the best way to draw on a photograph or a graphic?
- Choose a tip. Click Draw in the side tabs with your image open.
- Choose a color. Use one of the pre-selected swatches or use our color picker tool with millions of options.
- Draw lines. Drag your mouse across your image to create lines.
How do I format a horizontal line in Google Docs?
How to Change the Thickness of Google Docs Horizontal Lines
- Choose Format at the top of the window.
- Select Paragraph styles, then Borders and shading.
- Select the Bottom border option.
- Choose your border width.
- Click the Apply button.
How do you strikethrough red in Word?
Select the color red from the “Color” drop-down menu next to “Deletions,” which changes the strikethrough color to red if the defaults were previously changed. Click “OK.”
How do I strikethrough text in Notepad?
In a notepad, highlight the text you want to strikethrough, then press “CTRL” to strike it out.