Mirror drawing can help you see things through new eyes. Various studies have shown that the brain perceives the world upside down and backwards, and that people adjust to this after a few days and then function normally in this looking glass world.
Mirrors help you to see more clearly
Mirror drawing activity helps break out of the familiar habit of drawing, similar to re-learning how to use a pencil or writing in a mirror. Printmakers need agile brains to imagine images reversed and work out the different stages needed to make this happen.
Tickle your brain into action with mirror drawing
Drawing is all about connecting your eye and your hand, so this is a great warm-up to do before you start an ‘ordinary’ drawing. It’s fun, funny, and a little perplexing, and you might find yourself laughing out loud as your brain battles with your own hand.
Looking at things differently encourages your spontaneity
When you abandon old habits in favor of something new and unexpected, you will feel more creative. By drawing in front of a mirror, the marks you make will take on a lively feel, and you may find that some of your drawings can serve as starting points for new works showcasing your rediscovered spontaneity.
How do you draw a mirror reflection?
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to draw people in mirrors.
- Draw the person who will be reflected in the mirror first.
- Draw a straight line from the top of the person’s head to the mirror.
- Decide which part of the person’s head will be reflected in the mirror.
- If the mirror is far away from the person, draw the reflection smaller.
How do you draw a face in a mirror?
Using Mirrors for Self-Portraits
- Set up your mirror at any angle you like, but keep it close to your drawing surface.
- Hold your place – Draw a red dot in between your eyes on the mirror as you look into it, so you can return to your original position if you move.
Where is sketch mirror?
Select any device from the list of Connected Devices by clicking the Mirror icon in the Sketch toolbar, and all of the Pages and Artboards will now appear in the Sketch Mirror app.
How do you draw a mirror ray diagram?
Drawing Ray Diagrams: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Draw two incident rays traveling towards the mirror from a point on the top of the object.
- Once these incident rays strike the mirror, reflect them using the two rules of reflection for concave mirrors.
- Mark the image of the top of the object.
How do you draw a mirror surface?
Drawing Reflective Objects
- 2 OUTLINE THE OBJECT. Next, look to the boundary line around your subject.
- 3 MARK THE REFLECTIONS.
- 4 ESTABLISH THE MID-TONES.
- 5 DEEPEN THE CONTOURS.
How can I draw my self?
So, here are a few pointers on how to draw a self-portrait:
- Start with a light sketch.
- Add shadows and smudge them. Add shadows to make your sketch look more professional.
- Do your hairline after you outline.
- Fine details come last.
How do you set mirrors for self portraits?
To see your profile, go to:
- Place the first mirror in front of you at eye level, slightly angled outwards towards the second mirror.
- The second mirror should be propped up at eye level at your side, slightly behind you, at an angle that faces between the first mirror and your face.