How to Draw an Anime Girl’s Head and Face
Most female anime characters have big eyes, a small mouth, nose, and chin, and a fairly round face. If drawing with pencil and paper, make very light lines for the first parts of the tutorial.
Step 1 – Drawing The Head
See Beginner Guide to Choosing Colors When Drawing Anime for more information on how to draw anime.
Step 2 – Drawing the Ears
The ears will be slightly more towards the back of the head than the front in the side view, and we won’t go into drawing their inner details because the ears will be covered by the hair in later steps.
Step 3 – Drawing the Eyes
Step 6 – Attach the eyes to the head; the height of anime eyes varies by style and character type; note that you can do a simplified shape of the eyes at this stage of the drawing process and leave the details for later (covered in Step 7).
Step 4 – Drawing the Nose
The nose should be placed between the horizontal halfway point of the face and the bottom of the chin; in the front view, the nose can be drawn as a simple dot; in the side view, an anime nose is usually small and pointy.
Step 5 – Drawing the Mouth
You can pretty much draw the mouth as one or two lines with a break in the middle for the front view, or you can draw it with a curve if you want a happier/friendlier looking character.
Step 6 – Drawing The Hair
To give the hair a natural look, vary the clumps slightly in size, shape, and direction. Keep in mind that the hair will overlap some of the other features of the character’s face; you can erase the parts that are covered up by the hair once you’re done.
Step 7 – Drawing the Smaller Details of the Face & Finishing the Line Drawing
When drawing an anime girl’s face, start with the outline of her head and face, then add details like eyelashes, pupils, and highlights, before moving on to the shading step if you want to take it a step further.
Step 8 – Applying Shading
Anime uses “Cel” style shading (basically shading without gradients), which makes shading fairly quick and easy. However, areas that are naturally darker and have shadows cast on them will be affected by how the shading is applied.
In general, darken the hair and irises of the eyes (leave the highlights white), and shade the pupils and upper area of the iris even darker.
In Shadow Areas
The way shadows are cast is determined by the light source; for the purposes of this tutorial, we will use very “generalized” lighting conditions. The shadows will be:. Foreheadu2013 from the hair. Eyelidsu2013 because they are indented in the head (less light reaches them).
This tutorial provides general guidelines for drawing an anime or manga style female face; for instructions on drawing anime style female bodies, see:. For instructions on drawing an older or younger female character’s head and face, see:. For instructions on drawing male anime heads and faces, see:.
How do you draw a side face in anime?
Draw a circle as usual, then draw a vertical line down the left or right side of the circle, indicating where the head will be facing. Finally, decide where you want the bottom of your chin to be.
How do you draw anime guy?
Step-by-Step Drawing of an Anime Male Character
- Draw the basic shape of the head, starting with a vertical line to ensure that both halves are even.
- Place the facial features as described earlier.
- Draw the hair after all of the facial features have been placed.
Where do I start when drawing a face?
Here are some portrait drawing tips:
- Start with the eyes and work your way down to the nose and mouth.
- Allow the darkness of the hair to aid in the creation of the lighter edge of the face.
How do you draw a female face?
Let’s get started learning how to draw a girl’s face.
- Step 2 u2014 Draw the Ears.
- Step 3 u2014 Add Hair to the Face.
- Step 4 u2014 Next, Draw the Eyes.
- Step 5 u2014 Then, Draw the Nose.
- Step 6 u2014 Draw a Bright Smile on the Face.
- Step 7 u2014 Next, Add an Eyebrow.
- Step 8 u2014 Add a Blush to the Cheeks.
How can I draw better anime?
The Top 10 Ways To Improve Your Anime Drawing Skills
- Don’t trace or copy other artworks.
- Mix elements from various reference images.
- Accept and be open to criticism.
- Don’t take feedback from family and friends too seriously.
- Challenge yourself.
What is a good anime girl name?
Names of Anime Girls
- Akane (Japanese origin) – the most common meaning of this name is “deep red.”
- Hana (Japanese origin) – Hana means “flower” in Japanese.
- Haruka (Japanese origin) – Haruka can mean “distant” or “remote.”
What is the best anime drawing app?
10 Free Android Anime Drawing Apps
- JUMP PAINT.
- How to Draw Anime.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- CLIP STUDIO PAINT for manga.
- MediBang Paint.
- Best Manga Drawing.
- Draw Anime: Manga Tutorials.
- Draw Anime: Manga Tutorials.